Exciter Vs. Jeff Waters?!

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Just read this on Blabbermouth:
EXCITER Guitarist On ANNIHILATOR's Jeff Waters: 'I Never Want To See Or Talk To That Guy Again' - Aug. 3, 2008 Guitarist John Ricci of the Canadian thrash metal pioneers EXCITER was one of the featured guests on last night's (Saturday, August 2) edition of "The Classic Metal Show". An excerpt from his chat with "The Classic Metal Show" co-host Wendell Neeley follows.

The Classic Metal Show: John, are you friends or acquaintences with guys like Jeff Waters from ANNIHILATOR, or any of the guys from KICK AXE or maybe even Brian Vollmer of HELIX? Do you ever associate with any of those guys ever?

Ricci: Well, you mentioned one name that I never want to talk about, Jeff Waters.

The Classic Metal Show: Why's that?

Ricci: Well, I can't get into all the details, but we had a... I don't want to talk about Jeff. It was just some real bad stuff happened. His involvement with EXCITER, the way we exist today, made his dealings very difficult to pursue... you know, our career the way it is now. I never want to see or talk to that guy ever again.

The Classic Metal Show: [To fellow "The Classic Metal Show" co-host Chris Akin] Chris, get Jeff on the phone (laughter)!

Ricci: I don't think so. Then you would hear me swearing!

"The Classic Metal Show" can be heard every Saturday night between 9:00 p.m. EST and 3:00 a.m. EST at www.cmsradio.net.

EXCITER's new album, "Thrash Speed Burn", was released on February 22 via Massacre Records. The CD marks EXCITER's recorded debut with new singer Kenny "MetalMouth" Winter, who joined the band in October 2006.

EXCITER's current lineup is:

John Ricci (Guitar)
Rik Charron (Drums)
Clammy (Bass)
Kenny Winter (Vocals)

I'm guessing maybe something to do with the Exciter remasters project he headed a few years ago.

Doesn't surprise me though because Beehler (original singer / drummer) and Jeff are told to be friends, and Ricci doesn't like Beehler or Waters from what I understand.

Whatever it is must be a major mess. Reminds me of Gillan when ask abut Blackmore.

BTW, Exciter new album "Thrash Speed Burn" is a great piece of pure speed metal, it's already ranking high in my topten 2008.

BTW, Exciter new album "Thrash Speed Burn" is a great piece of pure speed metal, it's already ranking high in my topten 2008.

To be honest, from the songs I heard, they sounded fine, but the production prevented me from delving further into the album and giving it a proper listen. Exciter should get in touch with Glenn (Spectre) for their next record.

The only difference though, Wyv, is that Gillen had a working relationship with Blackmore and played with him for a number of years. I never knew that Waters and Ricci really ever knew one another.

The only difference though, Wyv, is that Gillen had a working relationship with Blackmore and played with him for a number of years. I never knew that Waters and Ricci really ever knew one another.

I know that I was making just an analogy. I'm not a production fan, as long as I can listen and enjoy to the music I don't care much about production, so the new Exciter delivers quite well for me.

ooouch!!

alice in hell was a thrash masterpiece sixx,and you know it!!

waters guitar playing was never in question,his song writing and choice of lead vocalist however,has often left something to be desired.......

You're right I like that album so I was a little bit out of line. And Never, Neverland had it's moments though I haven't heard that one in ages...

It's a long drawn out pile of bullshit that I can't get into details about. Let's just say waters did some shitty things that John and the rest of us really did not appreciate.

Thanks for the compliment on the CD Wyv!

Cheers!
:headbang::headbang::headbang:

It's a long drawn out pile of bullshit that I can't get into details about. Let's just say waters did some shitty things that John and the rest of us really did not appreciate.

Thanks for the compliment on the CD Wyv!

Cheers!

at the end of the day clammy,you guys are right to be upset if waters is fucking with your band,he should know better and leave it alone.
sorry your having this grief with him....

i guess the one good thing is the old saying"theres no such thing as bad press!!" does tend to be true!:)

i hope it all gets sorted out to your bands satisfaction sir.

at the end of the day clammy,you guys are right to be upset if waters is fucking with your band,he should know better and leave it alone.
sorry your having this grief with him....

i guess the one good thing is the old saying"theres no such thing as bad press!!" does tend to be true!:)

i hope it all gets sorted out to your bands satisfaction sir.

It went down a couple of years ago, and we just steer clear of him now.

Cheers!

I agree 100%. Jeff Waters was/is actually close to being an elite guitarist as far as solos. However, I remember picking up "Set the World on Fire" many years ago, and I put it in, listened to it maybe half a dozen times and gave it to somebody else. The lyrics were goofy and the vocalist was pretty bad. It was borderline corny. I haven't touched an Annihilator disc since.

Bryant

ooouch!!

alice in hell was a thrash masterpiece sixx,and you know it!!

waters guitar playing was never in question,his song writing and choice of lead vocalist however,has often left something to be desired.......