Exodus fires Zetro

Lies and Perfidy

Gentleman of the Road
Nov 27, 2002
Washington, Washing-Ton
thefinger.wordpress.com
Vocalist Steve "Zetro" Souza has quit EXODUS on the eve of the band's South American headlining tour, BLABBERMOUTH.NET can exclusively reveal. Although EXODUS have attributed Zetro's absence from the trek to an illness suffered by the singer during the band's recently completed Japanese tour, Souza is said to have in fact left the group over long-standing business and personal differences. There has been no word yet on a possible replacement, but it is believed that one of the top candidates for the position is John Miller, a local Bay Area singer who had previously spent time with EXODUS guitarist Gary Holt and drummer Tom Hunting in WARDANCE, the ill-fated mid-'90s act that recorded a four-song demo and played several live shows before splitting up. EXODUS are currently touring South America with the help of a fill-in vocalist, Matt Harvey of EXHUMED.

-followed shortly by-

San Francisco Bay Area thrashers EXODUS have confirmed the departure of singer Steve "Zetro" Souza from the group's ranks. "Zetro is out of the band for sure!" EXODUS manager Steven Warner told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. Asked about the reports that Zetro left the band of his own accord, Warner replied, "He did not quit, he was fired!" An official press release on the matter is expected shortly.

EXODUS are currently on a break from their South American tour, which is expected to resume at the end of this week.

FUCKASSCHRISTCOCKDEATHRAPEWHORESONSHITDIEMOTHERFUCKER!

Actually....I think it's due time that they get a younger dude to man the vocal helm. Zetro did an awesome job on Tempo, but for some reason to me, this just feels right. Can't explain it. :loco:

zetro was a dick and his vocals sorta sucked. matt harvey on the other hand is the shit. exhumed is killer and so is his new thrash band dekapitator. my only hope is that nothing happens to exhumed!
~gR~

Pyrus said:
I saw Exhumed live. They sucked. Matt and Col should quit to focus on Dekapitator full-time.

They were great when I saw them, and the fact that they seemed to be having the time o' their lives made it all the more fun of a live set. Then I listened to one of their albums....heh, not my thing at all, but they do crush live.

Meh. Maybe it had to do with the fact that the band after them was VIO-FUCKING-LENCE, but even still, they were followed the asstastic Cattle Decapitation, they shoulda been better.

I guess they had a lot of energy, but the music just sounded like ass sex. Except without the erotic moans.

Eh, I dunno. Both Steve and Gary are right and wrong in certian ways, the truth ought to be somewhere in the middle. But I'm just glad with that fact that Exodus will keep going and still release albums.

That sucks, i loved the uniquness in his voice. Even if he wasnt the best singer, he was just so unique. Hopefully a replacement will be adequate, but it wont be the same.

EternalMetal said:
That sucks, i loved the uniquness in his voice. Even if he wasnt the best singer, he was just so unique. Hopefully a replacement will be adequate, but it wont be the same.

Not really. Zetro(on the new album) just sounded like what Bon Scott would sound like after he found out someone pissed in his Vodka.

But I'd like to hear Matt Harvey doing the vocals. That'd be great.