Exodus: Impact is Imminent & Force Of Habit

iPod Destroyer

New Metal Member
Nov 8, 2006
I recently managed to find two of the rarest Exodus albums on vinyl, "Impact is Imminent" and "Force of Habit", the latter which contains some of Exodus's best song writing. I managed to find these two LPs for a price lower than that of the CD editions. I also have "Impact is Imminent" on CD and cassette and the LP beats them both. If you are an Exodus fan, you owe it to yourself to hear the LP editions of these two fine albums on a good turntable.

Exodus fans might like these photos:

Exodus_FOH_LP1.jpg

Exodus_FOH_LP2.jpg

Exodus_FOH_LP3.jpg

Exodus_FOH_LP4.jpg

Exodus_FOH_LP5.jpg

Exodus_FOH_LP6.jpg

Shit albums are still shit, even if a good band puts them out.

And what makes you think those two albums are "shit"? I don't mind that you think those albums are shit, but I am interested in hearing the reason WHY. Please explain why you think those albums are shit. I happen to think that 99% of all metal albums released in the past 8 to 10 years are totally shit. The bands that you love are probably hated by many others. One person's subjective opinion is not fact. Different people have different tastes, and I happen to think those two albums are the best Exodus have ever recorded.

I happen to think that those albums are shit. There's nothing original, interesting, inspired, exciting, evocative, or intriguing about them. The only Exodus album that matters for me is Bonded By Blood.

I happen to think that those albums are shit. There's nothing original, interesting, inspired, exciting, evocative, or intriguing about them. The only Exodus album that matters for me is Bonded By Blood.

Very good. Now we know. I feel the same way about Running Wild's first album "Gates to Purgatory" from 1984 compared to the "shitty" albums they made in the 1990s and beyond.

I recall when Impact was released, it was ok, I had it on vinyl back in the day but havent heard it in many, many years.

Also, I really cant call Black Hand Inn a shitty album, dont know what your smoking?

I recall when Impact was released, it was ok, I had it on vinyl back in the day but havent heard it in many, many years.

Also, I really cant call Black Hand Inn a shitty album, dont know what your smoking?

Also, I really cant call Impact is Imminent and Force of Habit shitty albums, so I dont know what that other guy is smoking?

All Exodus I have heard after bonded by blood is really generic. The old vocalist was not great or anything but Steve is horrible.

All Exodus I have heard after bonded by blood is really generic. The old vocalist was not great or anything but Steve is horrible.

Horrible in the same way Dave Mustaine is horrible? I know what you mean. Steve Souza is definitely not the best singer in terms of technique, but I hear a certain warmth and sweetness in his vocals that to my ears is very pleasant, so I like his voice.

Is there any way you could post stuff in a normal font size and font weight (I think you'll notice everyone else here does)?. This is painful to read.

Force of Habit is kind of a weird cover for a metal album isn't it?

It sure is. As for Souza,he doesnt have range but I kinda like his voice in the sense that its odd.

I'm more interested on any thought about Shovelheaded Kill Machine.It features one of the axemen from Heathen?