EXODUS To Tour Europe This Summer

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
San Francisco Bay Area legends EXODUS are coming across the pond this summer to give European metalheads their well-deserved dose of thrash once again! But the band won't only be playing headline shows — appearances at some well-known festivals such as Copenhell (Denmark), Graspop Metal Meeting (Belgium), Hellfest (France), and Bang Your Head!!! (Germany) will also be part of this upcoming trek. The band commented: "This summer! Don't miss out on some friendly violent fun and get your tickets now!" Tour dates: Jun. 05 - F Paris - Petit Bain Jun. 06 - D Aschaffenburg - Colos-Saal Jun. 07 - D Mannheim - MS Connexion Complex Jun. 09 - D Hauptmannsgrün - Chronical Moshers Open Air Jun. 10 - PL Katowice - MegaClub Jun. 12 - D Berlin - Lido Jun. 13 - D Hanover - Faust Jun. 16 - S Norrköping - Metallsvenskan Jun. 17 - S Sundsvall - Club Deströyer Jun. 18 - S Stockholm - Gröna Lund Jun. 20 - N Halden - Tons of Rock Jun. 22 - DK Copenhagen - Copenhell Jun. 23 - B Dessel - Graspop Metal Meeting Jun. 24 - F Clisson - Hellfest Jun. 26 - F Pagney - Chez Paulette Jun. 27 - F Lyon - CCO Villeurbanne Jun. 28 - CH Zurich - Dynamo Jun. 30 - I Verona - Rock the Castle Jul. 01 - D Munich - Backstage Jul. 03 - A Vienna - Szene Jul. 04 - H Budapest - Dürer Kert Jul. 05 - CZ Prague - Futurum Jul. 06 - SK Revištske Podzamcie - Gothoom Jul. 07 - D Ballenstedt - Rockharz Open Air Jul. 09 - D Kassel - K19 Jul. 10 - NL Utrecht - TivoliVredenburg Jul. 11 - D Hamburg - Logo Jul. 12 - D Balingen - Bang Your Head!!! Jul. 13 - D Neukirchen-Vluyn - Dong Open Air Jul. 14 - E Viveiro - Resurrection Fest EXODUS guitarist Gary Holt told The Metal Voice last month that he has been writing material for the band's follow-up to 2014's "Blood In Blood Out" album. "I'm taking my time," he said. "I'm super proud of it. It's heavy, of course. It's crushing. It's brutal. But it's something else — it's something altogether different." "Blood In Blood Out" was EXODUS's first album since the departure of the group's lead singer of nine years, Rob Dukes, and the return of Steve "Zetro" Souza, who previously fronted EXODUS from 1986 to 1993 and from 2002 to 2004. Holt spoke in a 2017 interview about the musical direction of EXODUS's next disc. He said: "Of the stuff I've written so far, I think the songs are shorter, but I think they're also at the same time more progressive than the last album. It's a little outside the box. It's really super crushing, but I think people will be surprised." He added: "It's an EXODUS album, but as of now, the stuff Tom [Hunting, drums] and I have been putting together is a bit different. It's got those subtle changes that make for a departure, but it will still stay true to the core of the band's sound."
exodus2018summereuropeantourposter.jpg

Continue reading...