Experimental/prog tech death mix

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9992828/aborted master.mp3

The theme for the album this is on involves science, I worked with the guitarist on the leads you hear in this song. But I'm having a hard time making it sound more like science.
That's weird enough to say, haha.

I don't care if the drums sound programmed.
But does this mix sound solid to you guys?

I'm taking a break for a bit to reflect on it to see what else I can do to it.
I'm also programming all the synth so comments on that would be dope.

The balance is pretty decent overall I'd say! The drums, snare especially are a bit overbearing. Snare could use more sustain and i'd automate the kicks on those crazy fast blasts. Guitar could be a bit sharper and more defined. The whole mix suffers from a bit of pumping / overcompression.

The balance is pretty decent overall I'd say! The drums, snare especially are a bit overbearing. Snare could use more sustain and i'd automate the kicks on those crazy fast blasts. Guitar could be a bit sharper and more defined. The whole mix suffers from a bit of pumping / overcompression.

Thanks for the feedback!
I accredit the dullness of the guitars to the very cheap guitar and very cheap strings. :l
I made the best of it though. I'll boost the mids a bit. :kickass:

Drums pop out way too much and you need some compression on those cymbals. The part at 2:10 was just confusing. That synth sounds like it belongs in a circus, not a death metal album that revolves around science.