Extreme Guitar Tour 2015: ULI ROTH, VINNIE MOORE, CRAIG GOLDY and more

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
ULI JON ROTH, VINNIE MOORE, CRAIG GOLDY AND ALL STAR BAND BLACK KNIGHTS RISING CONFIRM XG EXTREME GUITAR TOUR 2015 IN JANUARY; DATES ANNOUNCED

The XG Extreme Guitar Tour 2015 will kick off in January and includes performances by guitar greats Uli Jon Roth, Vinnie Moore, Craig Goldy and introducing new act, Black Knights Rising. Special guests Joe Lynn Turner (Rainbow, Deep Purple) and Joey Tafolla (Jag Panzer) will perform at select shows.

Drumming for Uli Jon Roth will be Kofi Baker, son of Cream drummer Ginger Baker. Elliot Rubinson, CEO of Dean Guitars will be featured on bass during the performances of all three guitarists.

Black Knights Rising are:

Craig Goldy - guitar
Vinnie Appice - drums
John West - vocals (replacing Mark Boals)
Allesandro Bertoni - keyboards
Elliot Rubinson - bass

Beginning 10 February (Newport, KY), Bobby Rondinelli will step in to replace Vinny Appice. Tim "Ripper" Owens will jump on for the remainder of the dates on that same night while Vinnie Moore exits the tour. Vocalist John West will appear on all dates.

p19arh6o651ttmiu2oc71r8n1t0d4.jpg

Canadian rockers Old James will be special guests on all shows. Confirmed dates listed below with more to be announced soon.

January
21 - San Diego, CA - Ramona Main Stage*
22 - Anaheim, CA - House of Blues*
23 - Hollywood, CA - House of Blues*
24 - Las Vegas, NV - Vamp'd*
25 - San Jose, CA - Rock Bar Theater
26 - Portland, OR - Tonic
27 - Seattle, WA - Studio 7
29 - Moorhead, MN - The Garage
30 - Spring Lake Park, MN - POVS
31 - St. Charles, IL - Arcada Theater

February
1 - Chicago, IL - Reggie's
2 - Detroit - Token Lounge
3 - Toronto, ON - Mod Club
4 - Cleveland, OH - Agora Ballroom
5 - Hartford, CT - Infinity Hall
6 - Londonderry, NH - Tupelo Music Hall
7 - PoughkeepsieNY - The Chance
8 - New York City, NY - BB Kings
9 - Springfield, VA - Empire
10 - Newport, KY - Southgate House**
11 - Kansas City, MO - The Scene**
12 - Dallas, TX - Trees**
13 - Houston, TX - Concert Pub North**
* with Joe Lynn Turner and Joey Tafolla
** with Tim "Ripper" Owens

For information and updates go to this location.

Uli just totally made up for his cancellation on the Guitar Gods tour from this past summer. This lineup slays the Yngwie-led bill! Count me in!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Zod,

Do yourself a favor and check out the Scorpions albums that feature Uli ("Fly to the Rainbow," "In Trance," "Virgin Killer," and "Taken By Force"). Those albums are horribly underrated classics. They're nothing like what you already know by the band, and that's a good thing. That's not necessarily a knock on their more popular material, but as far as I'm concerned, their 70s output is far superior. If you like what you hear there, then I would recommend checking out some of his solo material. He's definitely out there, but he's a hell of a guitarist.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Uli just totally made up for his cancellation on the Guitar Gods tour from this past summer. This lineup slays the Yngwie-led bill! Count me in!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

BAH I'll take Bumblefoot and Hoey over Goldy & Vinnie.....Just more interesting to me......But Uli, Uli is effin' GOLDEN!

Zod,

Do yourself a favor and check out the Scorpions albums that feature Uli ("Fly to the Rainbow," "In Trance," "Virgin Killer," and "Taken By Force"). Those albums are horribly underrated classics. They're nothing like what you already know by the band, and that's a good thing. That's not necessarily a knock on their more popular material, but as far as I'm concerned, their 70s output is far superior. If you like what you hear there, then I would recommend checking out some of his solo material. He's definitely out there, but he's a hell of a guitarist.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Now you're talkin! MUCH MUCH prefer the Uli era of the Scorps, but Lovedrive thru Love At First Sting ranks a CLOSE second.....
Virgin Killer was the first Scorps record I ever bought. Damn I feel old now!
:Spin:

Now you're talkin! MUCH MUCH prefer the Uli era of the Scorps, but Lovedrive thru Love At First Sting ranks a CLOSE second.....
Virgin Killer was the first Scorps record I ever bought. Damn I feel old now!
:Spin:

Did you catch the tour a couple of years back with Uli playing those old Scorpions tunes with Henning Basse singing? That was a fantastic show!

Zod,

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Yeah for sure, at least check out "Sails Of Charon" and hear one of Yngwie's main influences...

This looks pretty cool. I'd definitely go if there was a show near me, but I can't justify traveling 1000 miles to see it.

Did you catch the tour a couple of years back with Uli playing those old Scorpions tunes with Henning Basse singing? That was a fantastic show!

Unfortunately, due to my non-standard work schedule, I did not, but I have some fantastic boots (vid) of a couple shows that had to fill the void :)

I agree and Scorpions are my favorite band of all time. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to miss this because it is over an hour away on a worknight.

JOHN WEST TO REPLACE MARK BOALS ON UPCOMIMG XG EXTREME GUITAR TOUR 2015

An update from organizers reads as follows:

"We are excited to announce that John West will be handling the vocals on the XG - Extreme Guitar Tour! John is known for his exceptional vocal work with the bands: Royal Hunt, Artension, Feinstein, Cozy Powell and live shows with Trans Siberian Orchestra just to name a few. John will be handling vocals for Uli Jon Roth and Black Knights Rising. John will replace Mark Boals who due to unforeseen circumstances is no longer able to commit to this tour."

This tour just got a 1000% more awesome.
JOHN WEST TO REPLACE MARK BOALS ON UPCOMIMG XG EXTREME GUITAR TOUR 2015

An update from organizers reads as follows:

"We are excited to announce that John West will be handling the vocals on the XG - Extreme Guitar Tour! John is known for his exceptional vocal work with the bands: Royal Hunt, Artension, Feinstein, Cozy Powell and live shows with Trans Siberian Orchestra just to name a few. John will be handling vocals for Uli Jon Roth and Black Knights Rising. John will replace Mark Boals who due to unforeseen circumstances is no longer able to commit to this tour."

Surfing Alien, you just gave me the best news of the year thus far! I know that the year has only begun, but I've been dying to see John West for years, as he's one of the biggest influences I've ever had as a vocalist. Let the stalking begin!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Some more updates from http://www.melodicrock.com/articles...5-xg-extreme-guitar-tour-rolls-across-america :

Dates added:
2/10 Newport, KY Southgate House**
2/11 Kansas City, MO The Scene**
2/12 Dallas, TX Trees**
2/13 Houston, TX Concert Pub North**

Beginning 10 February (Newport, KY), Bobby Rondinelli will step in to replace Vinny Appice. Tim "Ripper" Owens will jump on for the remainder of the dates on that same night while Vinnie Moore exits the tour. Vocalist John West will appear on all dates.

A Dean guitar will be raffled off at every single show on the tour. To enter, simply head to the merch booth and enter your eMail address on a form there.

For others who have gone to this, what time did the show start? For tomorrow night's show in Portland the tickets and several locations online say 9pm but one place says 8pm. Maybe doors at 8 show at 9?

Just curious what it's been in other places, 9 seems like a late start.

Thanks.

For others who have gone to this, what time did the show start? For tomorrow night's show in Portland the tickets and several locations online say 9pm but one place says 8pm. Maybe doors at 8 show at 9?

Just curious what it's been in other places, 9 seems like a late start.

Thanks.
Place I am going to says doors at 6 , show at 7. There's one more opener in addition to the 3 headlining bands, so that's reasonable. I guess it depends on the venue. Some really bad ones like to stack dozens of local bands on the bill and make money off them by making them pre-buy tickets. Last week I saw Lillian Axe in a place like that and they didn't start until after midnight. The crowd was pretty thin by then :(