Extreme video game nerd sues everybody

Metaltastic

Feb 20, 2005
That's my summary of the article, but is pretty accurate I'd say

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6240940.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;2

Here's some gems:

In the suit, the San Jose, California gamer takes exception to a recent Nintendo Wii system update that disables access to unauthorized third-party programs like the Homebrew Channel. Specifically, the plaintiff is upset about losing the ability to use a program that would unlock the character Rosalina in Mario Kart Wii. Ordinarily, a player would need to have a Super Mario Galaxy save file on the system in order to unlock that character.

"In federal terms, the plaintiff who relies heavily on video games for happiness, would like the federal court to decide if Nintendo is interfering with certain players' pursuit of happiness which is stated in the United States Declaration of Independence," the suit states, "where Benjamin Franklin was in agreement with Thomas Jefferson in downplaying the protection of 'property' as a goal of government, replacing the idea with 'happiness.'"

And it gets worse

As for the Microsoft portion of the suit, the gamer had an Xbox 360 system suffer the "red ring of death" failure, and he claims he can't afford the $100 fee Microsoft would charge him to fix it. The suit claims the plaintiff's 360 is "only one of two ways in which he relies on to socialize," as he suffers from depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, agoraphobia, and Crohn's disease.

The gamer is asking for $75,000 from Microsoft due to "the stress put on the plaintiff having to find a way to acquire a new Xbox 360 system and the sadness he will have in the mean time of finding one he can afford." As for Nintendo, the plaintiff wants $5,000 for interfering with his pursuit of happiness, and an injunction preventing Nintendo from blocking access to the Homebrew Channel or the program he used to unlock Mario Kart Wii characters.

If he does indeed suffer from all of that, then my sympathies, but IMO he also needs to quit being such a bitch and drop this retarded sense of entitlement that he clearly has if he's asking for such ludicrous compensation. I hate to say it, but I've encountered people before who had certain problems who were just the most spoiled, demanding little shits, bleh...

What a idiot... however, I agree on the part that the company should pay for the returning fee of the product. I had this issue with M-Audio once. Bought a brand new keyboard, when I oppened the box there was a problem. Ask the shop to fix but they´ve said that I had to deal with M-Audio itself. M-Audio didn´t charged me for the fix, but I had to pay the mail fee. It was a big package and their support was in another city. I got really pissed off.

Jesus, that guy is indeed a pussy. I remember when I got the red rings on the 360 they fixed it for free noo problems. This was well after 2 years and they collected it, fixed it and shipped it back for free. Is this not the same all over the world?

The gamer is asking for $75,000 from Microsoft due to "the stress put on the plaintiff having to find a way to acquire a new Xbox 360 system and the sadness he will have in the mean time of finding one he can afford."

gimme a break :rolleyes:

Answers: Cocaine, Xanax, Prozac, Drag his ass out in the street naked and laugh at him, Pepto.

Replace cocaine with weed and we're on the same page]

And jesus, I have fucking ADHD but I'm not out suing coca cola for exacerbating the problem or some shit exactly. Cunt needs to get a grip.

Ok I get the other conditions but did he really need to throw out Crohn's Disease? He's probably just using the conditions to win points in favor with the judge.

Yes I think that home brew would violate the EUL. That is seriously screwed though, that's like making someone pay for your own wrong doings!
"the stress put on the plaintiff having to find a way to acquire a new Xbox 360 system and the sadness he will have in the mean time of finding one he can afford."
Cost of legal action = ?
DURRRRRRRRRRRRR