Extremely Small Trade/Sale List

J.

Old Fart
Jul 24, 2001
The Woodlands
I have 3 CDs up for trade. I know Jay, BWD, and Erik posted trade lists some time ago, but UM is running so damn slow that I can't be bothered to look them up. Here are the CDs:

Grip Inc. - Solidify (thrash metal with Dave Lombardo on drums) $5

Halo - Guattari (From the West Flows Grey Ash and Pestilence)

Vader - Black to the Blind (SOLD!)

All three are in very good to near mint condition. If they skipped, I wouldn't sell them.

If interested, post your trade lists. If no one is willing to trade, I will sell Grip Inc. and Vader to the members of this forum for $5 each (I bought them for $4, plus $1 for shipping). Halo is only up for trade.

NAD expressed first interest in the Vader, so he gets dibs on it, if he wants it.

:)

If I was greedy, i'd asked for the full $1.06 + cost of bubble wrapped mailer + cost of gas getting to the post office + cost of me having to wait in that line behind people that don't know the stamp goes on the right side of the envelope which would equal about $2 for shipping, hahaha

Sure, I'll take the Vader unless JayKeeley wants it.

Wait, wasn't I just saying I can't buy any CDs until March? :erk:

(if JayKeeley doesn't want it I'll still take it. :Smokedev: )

no, but to send bubble wrapped mailers you do, unless you want to stick three stamps on it. But a lot of people (mostly foreign) don't know about postage costs, priority shipping, delivery confirmation, etc, so when it's their turn, they ask countless questions and hold up an already long line of impatient people who actually know what they're doing.

To send overseas, yeah you have to go to the post office (I think). (anyone care to correct me if I'm wrong?)

http://www.usps.gov to determine postage, and it depends on which country you're sending stuff to. Mailing stuff to Norway I had to fill out some customs form, but to Romania I didn't. I still go to the local mailbox place (like a mini post office / craft store / etc.) just in case.

Hm, OK, that's not the way it's here. You can just drop anything that fits in the mail box and the postal service takes care of the rest. We had state-owned post offices until a couple of years ago. They've actually taken away that, so now there are stores and gas stations etc. where you can send and receive packages. This is very strange. In some ways an improvement (these new "postal service locations" are more abundant than the post offices) and in some ways worse (occasionally somewhat incompetent staff, though they've been trained in the arts of post handling + for ME it's actually quite a bit farther to go to the gas station where my nearest service location is than to the previous post office location.) You can buy stamps mostly anywhere, IN THEORY, but the distribution fucking sucks so stores often run out of them. It's not uncommon that I have to run around three stores or so before I find any fucking REGULAR DOMESTIC stamps, never mind the more expensive ones. The postal service is in distress. People just send e-mail's these days. It's outrageously fucking expensive to send around shit here. Way to go to make people send more letters.

So has anyone tried to drop a letter off in a public mailbox with the return address as where you want the letter to go? With out a stamp? Just wondering.

I'd like that Prometheus. But you live far away. :p

Nightmarez said:
So has anyone tried to drop a letter off in a public mailbox with the return address as where you want the letter to go? With out a stamp? Just wondering.
I've always wanted to try that!

I'm pretty sure it would work, but you wouldn't wanna send any important stuff that way. And stuff for which shipping is expensive enough to justify trying to avoid it is usually expensive/important stuff. So it's quite useless in practice I'd say.

I want to mail a postcard to myself that way, then work my way up to shipping a grand piano overseas for free.

For the record, the Swedish post is quite lax on the rules. I regularly send letters that are 120-130 grams for the "up to 100 grams" postage price (too fucking expensive otherwise) and often, letters WITHOUT stamps are delivered as usual too. You have to know how much you can risk though, I use common sense and save a little money now and then.

NAD said:
Sure, I'll take the Vader unless JayKeeley wants it.

Wait, wasn't I just saying I can't buy any CDs until March? :erk:

(if JayKeeley doesn't want it I'll still take it. :Smokedev: )
NAD - go right ahead.

Dreamlord - thanks for giving us the chance before putting these up on eBay.

At some point, I'll create a new trade / sale list for you guys too. I have to do some 'spring cleaning'.

actually I traded Body of Light for a mint copy of Evoken's "Shades of Night Descending", which is infinitely more rare and better IMO.

Halo weren't bad by any means, just not my thing. I can't get into that drone/noise stuff. If I'm going to listen to something like this, I'll stick with Godflesh.

$5 is cheap, looks like I have your Paypal account name under my payment options still too. Want the cash? It is merely clicks away...