Eyal Levi - Advanced Drum Production (streaming ATM)

:err:Yeah...

My point was that the convenience makes people lazy instead of trying to figure something out and create something with their own technique and improve. Otherwise where would you say the laziness comes from...? I'm not saying you can't get good sounding product from these tools- but I don't agree that this specific method needs to be embraced as a standard means of creating and recording music. Or at least see why it's so relevant that it deserves an entire sponsored lecture. I just have a hard time seeing the individuality in that, personally. I admit I do have kind of a bitter biased opinion- but I live in a city where this is looked at the only sound for music here as far as youth is concerned. They'll get a cracked version of Cubase/SD2/PODFarm and stay in that bracket.

I'll be stoked off a video that shows young people how to work with what they have and get good product. Small room, low ceilings, neighbors... There are a few forum members that actually started doing that on here. Take it as a close-minded opinion or not dude, I'm not the only one who disagrees with it as a sole means to record and work from home.

:err:Yeah...

My point was that the convenience makes people lazy instead of trying to figure something out and create something with their own technique and improve. Otherwise where would you say the laziness comes from...? I'm not saying you can't get good sounding product from these tools- but I don't agree that this specific method needs to be embraced as a standard means of creating and recording music. Or at least see why it's so relevant that it deserves an entire sponsored lecture. I just have a hard time seeing the individuality in that, personally. I admit I do have kind of a bitter biased opinion- but I live in a city where this is looked at the only sound for music here as far as youth is concerned. They'll get a cracked version of Cubase/SD2/PODFarm and stay in that bracket.

I'll be stoked off a video that shows young people how to work with what they have and get good product. Small room, low ceilings, neighbors... There are a few forum members that actually started doing that on here. Take it as a close-minded opinion or not dude, I'm not the only one who disagrees with it as a sole means to record and work from home.

Well, you have to keep in mind that a big segment of the audience for this is probably looking to get into engineering/mixing specifically, rather than recording their own music. From that perspective, he's right. If some shitty band comes in that hasn't practiced their parts enough it's better, from the engineer/mixer role, to move forward and just clean up their shit than it is to sit around with them for hours on end while they practice. Eyal has talked about this type of stuff numerous times, and he always makes it apparent that he's sure as hell not happy about it, and seems ecstatic when he gets to deal with bands that know what they're doing, but he's a professional that's dealing with the industry as it is, not as he wants it to be.

Hey guys-

I run the audio channel at CreativeLive and have been a lurker on this forum for years. Very stoked to see you guys discussing this class on here!

We really appreciate your comments/criticism, keep em coming! FWIW I agree with most of your criticisms. We are far from perfect and we're learning from every class.

BTW, for this one I'd say that day 3 is the part you guys would be most interested in. He covers editing and sample replacement/layering pretty in depth (and if you buy the class, it comes with 2 hours of bonus material on REALLY advanced drum editing from his assistant John Douglass).