Eyes Of The Oracle?

Originally posted by OmDave
For those who are newly converted, what is the status of “Eyes of the Oracle” as re-release? Rooms… is brilliant work!

-Dave

Hey there Dave,

Glad you're enjoying Rooms of Anguish!!! ;)
Thanks for the cool post!!! As for "Eyes of the Oracle" we will actually have some news on that re-release in the next couple of weeks.... but I will say this much, it is definitely going to re-surface along with a bonus track. :cool:

~D

D
That is great news! I started to go to the extremes (Mexico and Europe) to find “Eyes of the Oracle” via-web. Now I won’t stress it. Since you have mentioned an additional track will be added to the re-release, will this call for “Eyes of the Oracle” to be re-mastered?

Dave

Originally posted by OmDave
D
That is great news! I started to go to the extremes (Mexico and Europe) to find “Eyes of the Oracle” via-web. Now I won’t stress it. Since you have mentioned an additional track will be added to the re-release, will this call for “Eyes of the Oracle” to be re-mastered?

Dave

Hmmmmm...I guess you can say that ;)

~D

More to come :D

OmDave said:
will this call for “Eyes of the Oracle” to be re-mastered?
Dave

Well...I guess I can go ahead and make the announcement now. ;)

As many people already know, our first CD was released on Elevate's label. The masters were submitted to them shortly after the recording. Now that they are no longer in the business or even reachable through phone or e-mail, the re-mastering of "Eyes of the Oracle" is just short of impossible since Elevate still have the masters.

So what to do????

Well, right now the band has set everything aside to prepare for an upcoming show in May that will be recorded for local TV broadcast. Immediately after, these are the plans for the band:

We will lock ourselves in our rehearsal room and continue the writing for the next new Power of Omens' disc as well as the "Re-Recording" of "Eyes of the Oracle". We plan to have both released by the end of this year / possibly early next year (not necessarily at the same time... as "Eyes" may come out just before the new disc).

"EotO" will contain a bonus track along with new artwork and booklet design. We're aiming for a better production this time around as well as the addition of Chris Herring to the CD.

The "New" disc "Will Not" have a 20 minute song this time around...LOL so that we can make room for extras such as either multimedia video stuff, or "live" bonus tracks (these are still up in the air at the moment, but under serious consideration)

As this becomes a reality, we will post updates on our website.

So hopefully this helps to shed a little bit of light on "Eyes of the Oracle"
and our plans to re-release it. ;)

After both releases, we have every intension of playing "live" for the next full year to follow before entering our studio again for yet another new Power of Omens CD.

~D

np: Savatage - One Child

That's cool, if it sounds significantly different, I may just buy it also. It took me forever to find the original 'cause I only heard it just as it went out of print. Thanks to Deron for giving me the heads up that he got one in stock, otherwise I wouldn't have that gem.

Looking forward to getting Rooms of Anguish sometime soon.

jimbobhickville said:
That's cool, if it sounds significantly different, I may just buy it also. It took me forever to find the original 'cause I only heard it just as it went out of print. Thanks to Deron for giving me the heads up that he got one in stock, otherwise I wouldn't have that gem.

Looking forward to getting Rooms of Anguish sometime soon.

If anything, the production will be better, and the guitar sound will be alot heavier. On the original recording I used a Fender Strat (6-string), and now I'm using an Ibanez 7-string...so I will be re-arranging some of the guitar parts for a heavier bite... we will also enhance certain parts here and there for a slight change in the actual songs (i.e. different keyboard sounds, different solos, new bass lines, possibly more backing and harmony vocals.) IMHO, it will be alot better than the original recording. ;)

...and Deron's MetalAges Records will be the one to release it!!! :headbang:
~D

Dave,
I go for a week or so (to El Paso, TX/Juarez, Mexico - UTEP) and look what happens, a Pandora’s box of good news! In addition, while I was gone I spent all my listening time (When I could) with Rooms. I am still so impressed by the blend of power, technical skill and beauty of the album. Some times, I think prog. metal bands over play or use the music for individuals to solo over each other (DT at times). Here with Rooms we have prog. metal as a true art form. For Rooms, Power of Omens is clearly working and playing in a collective conciseness (the zone) with a shared vision. As Power of Omens is not a band of egos but a band dedicated to the group expression of the art that is prog. metal. I look forward to what the future holds for Power of Omens. I will be visiting the forum often, but not always posting.

Peace,
Dave

OmDave said:
Dave,
For Rooms, Power of Omens is clearly working and playing in a collective conciseness (the zone) with a shared vision. As Power of Omens is not a band of egos but a band dedicated to the group expression of the art that is prog. metal. I look forward to what the future holds for Power of Omens. I will be visiting the forum often, but not always posting.

Peace,
Dave

Welcome Back Dave!!

Glad the news was something good to see upon your return. ;)
...and thank you for the very cool words. It is so appreciated and always very cool to see when someone gets what we do.... :D

We're definitely looking forward to what the future holds for us as well, and will continue to put out only our best efforts when it comes to music.

Feel free to visit and post here when ever you'd like...it's always good to see our little community here grow. :)

~D

D,
Call it fate or call it luck but I over the weekend I was able to find Eyes of the Oracle on the web and the order arrived today. I have yet to sit through it all. Yet, at first sampling it is impressive! It will be good to hear the evolution and growth over time; with out Eyes there would be no Rooms.
By chance, did Alex study under Mark Zonder formally at any time? There seems to be some similarities of approach to a song as Alex uses his kit (patterns & fills) to support the song (in nuance and structure) as Mark Z. has become know for in Fates. I think this approach is more common in Jazz/fusion then it is in metal. It may not be ear friendly to some but it is a mark of a drummer’s drummer and maybe understood as technical too.
Oh! By the way, I like the heavy of your seven string over the six recorded on Eyes. The difference is clear and VERY COOL! Heavier the ax the harder the blade falls!
OM

OmDave said:
D,
Call it fate or call it luck but I over the weekend I was able to find Eyes of the Oracle on the web and the order arrived today. I have yet to sit through it all. Yet, at first sampling it is impressive! It will be good to hear the evolution and growth over time; with out Eyes there would be no Rooms.
By chance, did Alex study under Mark Zonder formally at any time? There seems to be some similarities of approach to a song as Alex uses his kit (patterns & fills) to support the song (in nuance and structure) as Mark Z. has become know for in Fates. I think this approach is more common in Jazz/fusion then it is in metal. It may not be ear friendly to some but it is a mark of a drummer’s drummer and maybe understood as technical too.
Oh! By the way, I like the heavy of your seven string over the six recorded on Eyes. The difference is clear and VERY COOL! Heavier the ax the harder the blade falls!
OM

Very very cool!!!! I'm glad you were able to find it... nowadays it seems close to impossible...heheh :)
As for Alex, he and Mark are good friends, and can probably elaborate a bit more than I can once he returns from his vacation. However, the way I understand it, was that he and Mark used to get together, and he would give Alex tips on technique...after a while it was just getting together more for the fun of it I believe.
I'm really glad you're digging Eyes...but believe it or not, I recorded that whole CD using a Fender Strat (6-string) ;) Rooms was the first CD I actually experimented with a 7, and fell in love with the sound...hehehe

~D