EZDRUMMER 2 + EZMIX 2 Metal Amps & Andy Sneap Test

Lupus1984

https://soundcloud.com/xenotype-mixing
Mar 18, 2014
Germany
www.facebook.com
One of my own Song for a mixing practice with the new EZDrummer 2 and EZMix 2 with Andy Sneap and Metal Amp Packs....feel free to give a critics.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
It all sounds very hollow with no balls, to be honest. Like really badly compressed mp3. The song is ok though. I was interested in the EZ sneap thing but then I thought if it did work what would I learn from that and that it probably wouldn't work that well anyway.

So, second mix with Superior Drummer 2 with Metal Foundry and the TSE X50 2.0 plus Guitar Hack Impulses.

And the learning process was the only thing what counts...i mean its all good for song writing and having a "real" sound instead of the Guitar Pro Midi sound or what ever.

Allway better to get your sound from learning not from presets!!!

I hope my english isn't to bad. :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it's better but you having a similar problem I had with the TSE X50 and that's a boxy sound now on the guitar. I would try to add more presence to the guitar and cut the low end a bit and allow the bass to create the low end you need.

https://sites.google.com/site/nickcrowlab/

Have a look at the 7170 or the 8505, which I think are a bit better sounding. I also use Recabinet with their stock cabinets (no impulses) after experimenting with the Tse x50 suite didn't provide exactly what I was looking for. I settled now on the Nick Crow plugs with Recab.

Finding the right guitar sound with your drums and bass is tough and takes a lot of time and frustration. But I think in the long run you will be more satisified and find your own working template instead of the EZ Mix crap.

The thing is i just got the EZMIX 2 and EZDrummer 2 shit for testing it. I don't use it normaly. I got the Nick Crow Amps and used them for leads.

The presence is almost on 10 and the Lowend about 8-9. It maybe that my impulses produce this boxy sound. I used the Guitar Hack Impulses Andy Sneap Style and two Fredmans.

I will try the Nick Crow Amps again. If the result is satisfying to me i will upload a third mix. :)

The thing is i just got the EZMIX 2 and EZDrummer 2 shit for testing it. I don't use it normaly. I got the Nick Crow Amps and used them for leads.

The presence is almost on 10 and the Lowend about 8-9. It maybe that my impulses produce this boxy sound. I used the Guitar Hack Impulses Andy Sneap Style and two Fredmans.

I will try the Nick Crow Amps again. If the result is satisfying to me i will upload a third mix. :)

Yeah it's probably the impulses. I have had little success with the bazillion impulses you can download. It creates more problems than it solves for me.

Recabinet is flexible enough I think. I blend two channels with the different cabs and miking differences. The first cabinet has more low end and less prescence while the second cabinet is a bit of the opposite with "mid" micing. Use the EQ on Recabinet and set the outputs on both to around 11pm or mix the outputs to taste. I am also using Pro Q to scop the mids a little and add more high end between 8 and 10k. On my group channel for Rhythm guitars I use the SonEQ to add a more rounded EQ and another instance of Pro Q with a notch boost around 2k and a notch cut at 6.5k. This is entirely dependant on how your guitar sounds though. There's still a lot of mix work to do to get a great tone.

The 8505 has a better hi-end sound I think. I have the gain knobs set to 2am with the low at 1, the mid at 2 and the high at 2 and increase the poweramp and volume to taste. In this instance I am quad tracking so use slightly less gain than regular double tracking. Especially on the extra layer guitars...there is much less gain than the main layer.

I tested the Ignite IR and that also sounds way more boxy than Recabinet...

Thanks dude. I will try out recabinet and see what it brings for me. Maybe i rerecord it with an other guitar. For this one i used my Ibanez S 7320 with Dimarzio X2N in the bridge and PAF 7 in the neck. I think some EMG could help with the highend and clarity.

I am not quad tracking i think its getting a little bit mushy and for a tuning like this its hard for ME to get it clear.

The boxy sound can usually be corrected with switching pickups. Some pickups produce more mid range than other pickups when the impulses were created.