ezdrummer : replacing original midi with other midi files...

Mat Laperle

RedDuskStudio
Dec 30, 2006
Montreal
www.myspace.com
hey, I've got ezdrummer with the ezx metal expansion kit, but all the kicks sound like real shit.... But the kick from the rock/pop kit is way better, and I was wondering if it was possible to import this one in the metal kit?. i tried moving the files from the original folder to the metal folder, but no results... so if anyone know how to do it please tell me hehe! because the only other way i see is to replace it with drumagog but it takes a lot of cpu...
thanks!

hey, I've got ezdrummer with the ezx metal expansion kit, but all the kicks sound like real shit.... But the kick from the rock/pop kit is way better, and I was wondering if it was possible to import this one in the metal kit?. i tried moving the files from the original folder to the metal folder, but no results... so if anyone know how to do it please tell me hehe! because the only other way i see is to replace it with drumagog but it takes a lot of cpu...
thanks!

Rather than deal with replacement, to get the pop/rock kick combined with the rest of the metal drums you can just copy your midi file to a new track, create another instance of EZD Drummer and select that as your MIDI output. Then go into the EZD GUI, select only the pop/rock kick (and set all the other drums in that kit to "none" to save RAM). Go back and set the kick from the Metal kit to "none" and you're good to go. This should also be relatively CPU friendly as the two instances of EZD share resources.

When I say the mix window, I mean the mix window inside the ezdrummer window, not the Protools mix window.

I knew what you meant.

ah nice girl on your avatar audiophile777 who's that? ;)

uhm... I dont know, I was just searching the net for avatars cause i got tired of my "fuck" pic...

uhm... its Erica Campbell... never heard of her until now...

here is the ezdrummer mixer
ezdrummer_multi.JPG

clicking on the output it will show you that menu.
Set it to multitrack, follow the other tips I posted and you're ready to go