EZmix 2 Guitar Tone Troubles

Metallica1992

New Metal Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hey Guys, I purchased a copy of the EZmix 2 Metal Bundle. I have been testing out some of the fully sculpted and ready preset tones. But theres a problem... The problem is when I play using these tones through EZmix 2 I am hearing a dry guitar signal with the distorted guitar signal. I recorded some guitars and it sounds like a distorted tone with a dry signal mixed in. What is going on here?

Solid advice/information appreciated.

Hey Guys, I purchased a copy of the EZmix 2 Metal Bundle. I have been testing out some of the fully sculpted and ready preset tones. But theres a problem... The problem is when I play using these tones through EZmix 2 I am hearing a dry guitar signal with the distorted guitar signal. I recorded some guitars and it sounds like a distorted tone with a dry signal mixed in. What is going on here?

Solid advice/information appreciated.

Holy large font!

Sounds to me like your DI is playing along side of the processed track. What DAW are you using?

Also, keep in mind that many interfaces have a dial that controls how much dry signal you hear in the headphones output versus the effected signal from the DAW. If that dial is stuck in the middle, you'd hear a blend of both.

I'm using a Steinberg CI2 right now that has that very feature, and it baffled me too when I first got it.

Hello,

Both of you were correct. Solid! However now there is a new set of problems. My interface's (Roland Quad Capture) gain knob that controls my dry signal output kills the tone if I turn it down to the point where I don't hear the dry signal while playing. If I turn it up high and don't play chords it seems to be fine but the second I strike a chord oh man can you hear that dry signal. What's going on here?

I figured the second part out. There was a mix knob that was set to high. This must control the level of presence of the dry signal.