F*CK! Help! Detroit or Philadelphia?

Hilda

Kriegerfrau
Apr 18, 2001
Madison, WI, USA
www.truemetal.org
Since CoB are coming to Wisconsin in November (and on top of that on week days) I'm trying to book a flight to see gigs somewhere else earlier and during the weekend. :loco:

After evaluating the (little) time and (little) $ I have, I narrowed it down to two weekends: either Detroit and Cleveland on Oct. 9 and 10, or the two shows in Philadelphia on the 16 and 17. After that I have to get my ass back to Madison immediately for school.

The airfare money is slightly more expensive for Detroit/Cleveland than for Philadelphia, but the former is earlier and the hotels near the venue seem to be cheaper. Although of course, there is the problem of getting from Detroit to Cleveland. But, I just can't wait to see these motherfuckers shredding. :kickass:

What would you do in my place? Last time I did this for Iced Earth and Bodom I ended up in California and Arizona where the White Russians flowed and party was an everyday thing... (however, time constraints and other reasons prevent me from going to the California shows this time). :kickass:

Ahhh, decisions... :bah:

Yanno, ok, here's the deal. I don't have to worry about expenses for the gig. I am still here in Finland, and since i promised to make those two shows, I gotta make it back. :) I'll know in a couple weeks if I will be there in time, and it actually loooks good, cos it's over 3 weeks away, and like i said, I shoul dbe home in about 2. I'd totally say that my home is yours for the Philly shows, so you wouldn't have to pay for a place to sleep. But I don't wanna promise that and then for some reason end up still being in Finland. Honestly, the chances of me being in finland THAT long are only maybe, 10%. If you wanna get the philly tix and bank on that 90% that I am gettin home in two weeks, then you got a place there. BUT make sure that you got some xtra cash for a cheaper hotel...and they DO exist believe it or not. I also might be able to whistle up a couple buddies for accomodations should the 10% chance happen(which honestly I dont want to cos I can't miss the guys, I did promise 'em!!! :D)

Oh yeah, and about 'sleeping' at my place....the first night, I, erm, sort of volunteered my house for something, so I dunno how much sleep will be gotten by anyone that night :loco:

Fenrir, thanks for your kind words. :) "It's the thought that counts" believe it or not. :lol:
I have contacts too, so it's likely I wouldn't have to have any expense for the show itself. In any case, I should spend my extra $$$ (if any) on some tequila or vodka, or hell, bring all the fucking sake I brought from Japan (I promised to do so to sb), and so on. I HATE to wait an extra week, but it looks like I will have to go to Philadelphia anyway.

Is the airport close to the venue?
I'm just trying to figure out arrival time, etc.

:kickass:

Oh, and by the way... I TOTALLY can understand the "sleep" issue... I probably got 6 hours of sleep in California and Arizona over 3-4 days and tons of hard liquor. :loco:

Airport is in the middle of nowhere, as most airports are. An airport cab is a flat 20 bucks, though, to the center of the city. You can also take a bus for about 5 dollars that also dumps you near the venue, a few blocks away. It's about 20 mins by cab, maybe 30-35 by bus if I rememeber?

Yeah, I wont have any cost either for the shows,save the load of booze I am bringing, and of course the booze we are stocking if indeed my house is used. ;) Barhopping might be the plan that night, who knows, but if a place is used mine is already offered :D

And yeah, the only sleep I got my first few nights in helsinki were passed out sleeping. Not actualy sleep :lol:

F*CK! I wish I could rent a car. :/
Barhopping? Hm... It's usually more fun when you go and get wasted in a house (not to mention the bus), because then nobody will hold you accountable for all the dumb shit you do while drunk.
And, I better don't tell passed out stories cos I'd rather not imagine what went on. :loco:

Oh, I have so many passed out stories here in helsinki....and someof them NO one remembers. :p And i might wanna keep it that way :D

Oh, I hook the guys up with booze...i hooked 'em up the first time, they hooked me up many times in Finland, I hook them up again when they come back. So me AND my buddies are bringing them booze. I guess where we go depends on what everyone wants to do. :D

And I know a couple folks who drive. Lemme see if I can rustle 'em up and meet ya at the airport or sumthin'.

I tend to go to bars (and this is only in Hamburg or when I'm traveling somewhere else, but very seldom if ever in the States) when there's a drink I'd like that nobody else has, like Margarita or Caipirinha, or reishu, etc. Shit with lime juice (or vodka, or both, :p ) is what gets me going when drinking. Last time I was in Germany during New Year and my birthday I made some Pisco Sour for everyone and got REALLY wasted (1st time I ever blacked out [and on top of that, while AWAKE] in my life).

*And I know a couple folks who drive. Lemme see if I can rustle 'em up and meet ya at the airport or sumthin'.*

That's not necessary, but that'd indeed kick ass and be well appreciated. :kickass:

I'll see what i can do then! And like i said, well, hell, i dont even wanna know how many people are gonna be passed out at my place if we use it...:D

Yeah, my 1st total blackout happened right here in helsinki, and that involved the vodka, bottle of jack, and several beers and ciders and i think some other stuff. Wowza. Never blacked out before then...

If that happens, I'll make sure to bring my camera because the video clips I took of the last after-shows in the States and inevitable drunk antics (mine included) were funny as fuck.

To me, hard liquor is much, much better than beer. :yuk:

Ahh... drunkenness.

Yeah, I concur. Hell, my first pukin night in Finland(and don't be suprised if you hear the person who caused me to not let me live it down at the show :lol: ) was caused by mixed stuff that I wasn't told what was in it. :D

Yeah, i'll have a camera as well. Me and my two Philly buds that will be there will also be wasted. As will everyone, I think. And as for drunken photos...hell, you seen some of my finer moments in the Helsinki thread. So far i havn't been able to top drunken wrestling. But we shall see :lol:

I don't know why but I have never puked (as a result of alcohol intake) nor had a hangover in my life. I don't know if it's because I didn't drink enough or because of tolerance, but if anything, I'll go to the bathroom repeatedly to pee and that's it (except when I passed out in California, heheh).

And probably drunken wrestling would be a rather inoffensive yet funny consequence of drinking. Hey, at least it ain't strip-poker. :loco: