FACES OF EVIL (blood curdling people and events)

Austrian Sentenced for Hitler Voice Mail

Austrian Man Gets to Two Months in Prison for Using Hitler Oath As Cell-Phone Voice-Mail Greeting

// The Associated Press

VIENNA, Austria Dec 22, 2005 — A man who used an oath of loyalty to Adolf Hitler as the greeting for his cell-phone voice mail was sentenced to two months in prison Thursday for the offense, a crime in Austria.

The 20-year-old defendant, whose name was not released because of privacy laws, was convicted by a court in the alpine province of Tyrol, where police accidentally came across his phone message in 2004 when they called to question him about a burglary.

Prosecutors said the man had downloaded the slogan from the Internet and saved it on his cell phone as a message greeting callers when he was unable to answer. It said: "I swear unswerving loyalty to Adolf Hitler! I swear absolute obedience! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil!"

The defendant had testified Thursday that the download was a "spontaneous act" and that he did not fully embrace the meaning of the oath.

The man was sentenced to a year in prison for theft and fencing stolen goods, but the court tacked on two extra months for using the oath, invoking a law that makes Nazi propaganda a crime in Austria.

"What nonsense!" the defendant said as he left the courtroom, the Austria Press Agency reported.

I agree.

101403.gif

hahaha, great posts Liz. i especially like "happy holiday's". note the apostrophe indicating ownership of.....something. maybe felix.

dude lizard it cracks me up when you post the Hitler Watermelon pic because you post it from a different site than the same image IN YOUR OWN SIGNATURE so they are always out of sync. :tickled:

haha

Senator Ted Stevens (R-AK): Crocodile tears

Stevens broke down after his latest attempt to drill for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge was defeated. Ted tried to use the defense spending bill to force through a home-state oil drilling provision.

Stevens: "This has been the saddest day of my life It's a day I don't want to remember, and I'm sorry to see it come to an end -cause I am drawing a line with a lot of people I've worked with before. I really am--I say goodbye to the Senate tonight. Thank you very much."

man, I hope that means he's quitting.