Fairyland news ...

Claus / Intromental

20 years of uniting the powers of metal
Please find below an update from FAIRYLAND main-man/keyboardist Philippe Giordana.

-------------

Hail!

It's been a while since Fairyland's last update. I've been quite busy with the pre-production of both Magic Kingdom's new album "Symphony Of War" for which I am taking care of the keyboards, and Fairyland's own "Score To A New Beginning", the final chapter of the Osyrhian Chronicles.

I am entering the studio as this statement is being published, ready to put all my heart in the making of Fairyland's new album.

It's been a fast, rough, furious and most of all interesting year since that ugly conjuncture within the band. As already stated, I won't say more about this, as I feel it is not a matter of public discussion.

So, more about the new Fairyland album...

The final Name of this album is "Score To A New Beginning", a name that surely fits the album, the era, and the changes within the band. It is still important to remember that the change is mainly based on the Line-up, a situation that has been met and easily been dealt with before. I remain the sole composer of Fairyland, and all the melodies and ingredients, that have made the band what it is, will be present on this new opus, with the addition of great musicians ready to share their skills and determination.

I've spent these last months recording the pre-production of the album, trekking back and forth between my home studio in Nice/France, and Portogruaro-Venice/Italy with Fabio (D'Amore from the band Pathosray) in his studio.

So here I am, ready to make the first step towards the release of "Score To A new beginning".

The new album took a life on it’s own when composing it, and I’ve received lots of positive feedback from amazing musicians all around the world interested in participating on it.

The main vocal character on the disc is the Italian singer Marco Sandron from the progressive metal band Pathosray. His voice fits perfectly into our style, and you can already now check out a demo-medley from the album right here (please note, that this is a pre-production demo and NOT a final album product): http://www.intromental.com/fairyland_demo_medley.mp3. Other vocal participations on the album will be by Elisa Martin (the original Fairyland vocalist from the debut album), Lars Larsen (from Danish power metal band Manticora) and Georg Neuhauser (from Austrian power metal band Serenity).

Here’s a list of the already confirmed guest musicians:

Marco Sandron (Pathosray): Vocals
Elisa C. Martin (Dreamaker): Vocals
Lars F. Larsen (Manticora): Vocals
Georg Neuhauser (Serenity): Vocals
Flora Spinelli (Kerion): Vocals
Fabio D'Amore (Pathosray): Bass
Dushan Petrossi (Magic Kingdom, Iron Mask): Guitar solos
Alessio Velliscig (Pathosray): Guitar Solos
Alex Corona (Revoltons): Guitar Solos
Chris Menta: Rhythmic Guitars, Guitar Solos
Hugues Lefebvre (Anthropia): Guitar Solos
Yann Mouhad (Anthropia): Guitar Solos
Willdric Lievin (Hamka): Drums, some Rhythmic Guitars

All these guests are here by kind permission of their and our own respective labels, which I thank a thousand times - together with Intromental Management they helped make this whole project come together. A few more names will eventually be added to the list above, and we'll do our best to keep you all updated.

Meanwhile, here is the tracklist of "Score To A New Beginning":

01-Opening Credits
02-Across The Endless Sea Part II
03-Assault On The Shore
04-Leviathan
05-A Soldier's Letter
06-Godsent
07-At The Gates Of Morken
08-Rise Of The Giants
09-Score To A New Beginning
10-End Credits

The artwork and illustrations for “Score To A New Beginning” will be provided by Gonzalo "Genzo" Ordonez, who also did the artwork for our last album, “The Fall Of An Empire”.

I’m hoping to deliver you the best possible Fairyland ever, and even if this project has taken on a magnitude and involving more musicians than I originally set out to, I feel very confident in the material, and am sure that you will love the end result as well.

Catch you all really soon!

Phil Giordana, Fairyland

http://www.fairyland-metal.com/

I thought this was going to be another Bill Hudson thread :loco:

Could still become one.

A few more names will eventually be added to the list above, and we'll do our best to keep you all updated.

So, is Fairyland basically going to become a non-touring project ala Ayreon, Shadow Gallery, etc? It'd be weird to see them perform live with one totally different singer after an album with several guests. I mean, I enjoyed hearing Stream of Passion play a few Ayreon songs but it felt more like a cover band than an extension of Ayreon.

I have enjoyed both discs that Fairyland has put out, but I'm concerned with the lineup changes that they've gone through...is Phillippe a near totalitarian songwriter a la Jon Schaffer and that's why his whole band left him and now he's got more musical mercenaries around him to play his music? I wonder...

However, given how much I do like Fairyland and how good the lot of artists mentioned are, I bet this will still be a good album, and I'll definitely be buying it when it comes out.

So, is Fairyland basically going to become a non-touring project ala Ayreon, Shadow Gallery, etc? It'd be weird to see them perform live with one totally different singer after an album with several guests. I mean, I enjoyed hearing Stream of Passion play a few Ayreon songs but it felt more like a cover band than an extension of Ayreon.

We don't really know yet which line-up will be used for touring. Last year Fairyland did the Kamelot European tour, and a couple of years ago they toured with Sonata Arctica, so it's not like it's against Philippe's wishes to tour. I'm sure we'll figure out sooner or later which lineup will tour.

c.

I have enjoyed both discs that Fairyland has put out, but I'm concerned with the lineup changes that they've gone through...is Phillippe a near totalitarian songwriter a la Jon Schaffer and that's why his whole band left him and now he's got more musical mercenaries around him to play his music? I wonder....

It's Phil's band. He writes all the music and lyrics.

The previous line-up were jerks imho. Basically they left Phil hanging with the bill for the european tour. Not nice if you are a BAND. So this time around it's easier for Phil to be the sole "band member" and then hire in people to do their parts. For a touring line-up we'll have to come up with something else.

c.

I love Elisa's voice. My favorite work of hers is "Between Light & Darkness" from Dark Moor. That's my favorite.

Between Light and Darkness is far and away my favorite Dark Moor material. I would kill to see any of that material performed live. I'm sure it won't happen, but I would kill to see her re-unite with Dark Moor. I think she's better than 99% of all the other female vocalists mentioned on this forum. I'd love to see her at PP in any format.

Like I said, I really like both discs that Fairyland has done, sucks that his band were like that...regardless, I am looking forward to what the new album will be like.

I'm more interested in the Magic kingdom release than Fairyland's. Metallic Tragedy was excellent.

Agreed...I see Willdric Lievin is on the list, which makes me wish for another Hamka album which featured Elisa Martin on vox...anyone else heard this hidden gem? Oh sweet, just checked their myspace and there is indeed a 2nd album in the works, recording this month :kickass:

Hamka smokes. My only complaint is that I wish Elisa Martin would just stay put in a band long enough. But if you say they've got another album coming then perhaps she will. Good news indeed.

I have been a fan of Magic Kingdom for years now. Glad to know they have a new CD due out soon. I'll have to check out Fairyland ASAP. Thanks, Claus!