Fairyland - Score to a New Beginning

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Okay... I have always ignored this band for one reason. The name. :lol: I know, it may be ridiculous, but I just didn't think a band with this name would appeal to me.

I just happened to check the promo for their new disc, Score to a New Beginning. Alessio (Velliscig, Pathosray) recommended me to listen to the album carefully since he is a guest on it. Other guests include Marco and Fabio (Pathosray also), Georg (vocalist for Serenity), and others. I think the reason why there's so many guests is because the band recently parted ways with past members, leaving only Philippe Giordana behind.

The result is a great, epic power metal album with some progressive passages. Songwriting is very good, production sounds nice and clean. I honestly thought the "Epic Power Metal" style kinda died, but this album is clearly making me change my mind. This is a brilliant piece of music, and I'm enjoying it very much so!!! Props to Philippe Giordana for keeping the band alive and getting an incredible album ready to be released!! Again, very very good disc, I highly recommend it!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

I'd be interested in hearing that too...

I generally have the same taste in music as both of you Angra bruthas, but oddly enough I agree with TheMetalMadMan.. I LOVED Faryland with Elisa, I believe that is her on the last track, I loved Darkmoor best with her as well, but didn't care for the new stuff with the newer singer.. I thought is had some elements of Thy Majesty which I think make for a nice sort of precondition to good songs, but found that apart from a more so foundationally nice structure to the music, it lacked any real good direction to the song writing, was bland, and I didn't hear anything inspirational, new, or exciting.. It was like a bit of Thy Majesty minus the hooks, or anything that could grab your attention..I found it quite dull, kinda like a painting that was too muddy, lacking contrast, sharpness, brilliant color, or good definition and layout. I remember liking Faryland when I heard them a long time ago with Elisa, and never had weird associations with the name because it had a female fronted singer, so I was expecting to like it when I heard it..but I guess not this time. Oh well.. I don't know if that's what TheMetalMadMan had in mind but that was my take on it at least.

Okay... I have always ignored this band for one reason. The name. :lol: I know, it may be ridiculous, but I just didn't think a band with this name would appeal to me.
I would have ignored this band had it not been for your comments in this thread. But holy Symphony X Batman... these guys kick all sorts of ass.

Between these guys and Manimal, I feel like I'm trapped inside a bad movie called Attack of the Poorly Named Bands.

Zod

I would have ignored this band had it not been for your comments in this thread. But holy Symphony X Batman... these guys kick all sorts of ass.

Between these guys and Manimal, I feel like I'm trapped inside a bad movie called Attack of the Poorly Named Bands.

Zod

That says it all.

Glenn, time to book them. :lol:

I love the new disc!

I, like others, found this band because of Elisa Martin. I'm a HUGE Dark Moor fan, and as soon as I started getting into DM, I got my hands on anything I could find with Ms. Martin on it. (Fairyland, Hamka, Dreamaker, etc.) While it is disappointing as an Elisa fan, to have her not really involved anymore, I think that Score to a New Beginning is a great album.

I saw that they were confirmed for PP Scandinavia, and I hope that Glenn follows.... :)

...or better yet, DARK MOOR!!!!!!!!!!!