Faith No More & Living Colour as Headliners

Aug 1, 2005
Batavia, IL
www.myspace.com
Faith No More is beyond under-appreciated in the metal genre. Probably because many would like to group them in with much of the other early 90's grunge garbage. It's been a while since they've done anything of any value or relevance, and so I'm wondering what it would take to assemble even a one-off show. No doubt a Mike Patton performance would bring the house down at PP.

Living Colour is another band that has gone seemingly unrecognized over the last 10+ years. Not sure exactly why? Perhaps it's in regards to their lack of commercial hits outside of Cult of Personality. Maybe more suitable for headlining the Showcase, but either way a band that could be looked into for a potential PP appearance.

Faith No More has a catalog that speaks for itself, in addition to having not done anything for quite some time. They are an excellent example of metal that gets unappreciated by most, especially in regards to early 90's. Mike Patton's stage performances set an example that many in the metal community would benefit from following. There's an element here who repeatedly barks for Enchant, so how can that same person deny FNM as being a relevant metal consideration for PP.

As for Living Colour... another band that has eroded down to a small cult following. However, they should very much be considered prog/power or somewhere in the mix.

For those who claim these bands to be jokes, I'd love to talk about many of the other grossly under-qualified bands being suggested out there.

I don't think the problem is the quality of FNM or Living Colour, it is that they wouldn't fit the festival.

Well then perhaps in another slot, as I don't see how FNM isn't metal or at least enough in the vein of PP compared to say, Pink Cream.
Pink Cream is a Metal band. Granted, they're not Power or Prog, which is why they were billed as the wild card.

FNM and LC have Metal elements, but neither are truly Metal bands. Both would have to billed as wild cards. Wild cards aren't headliners and neither band would be anything but a headliner, based on their status.

Regardless, is either still together?

Zod

Pink Cream is a Metal band. Granted, they're not Power or Prog, which is why they were billed as the wild card.

FNM and LC have Metal elements, but neither are truly Metal bands. Both would have to billed as wild cards. Wild cards aren't headliners and neither band would be anything but a headliner, based on their status.

Regardless, is either still together?

Zod

Well in all honesty, the idea of either band headlining was suggested rather jokingly. But, the idea of either band actually playing as a "wild card" is a totally legitimate suggestion, IMO.

Unfortunately, FNM has been done since probably around 1998.

Faith No More has a catalog that speaks for itself, in addition to having not done anything for quite some time. They are an excellent example of metal that gets unappreciated by most, especially in regards to early 90's. Mike Patton's stage performances set an example that many in the metal community would benefit from following. There's an element here who repeatedly barks for Enchant, so how can that same person deny FNM as being a relevant metal consideration for PP.

As for Living Colour... another band that has eroded down to a small cult following. However, they should very much be considered prog/power or somewhere in the mix.

For those who claim these bands to be jokes, I'd love to talk about many of the other grossly under-qualified bands being suggested out there.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love FNM, but they have about the same relevance to ProgPower as Burzum. No way do they fit the bill.

l would say Faith No More is fairly prog oriented. The song "Epic" has more roots in prog than some of todays prog metal. Alot of their material had eclectic influences...IMO the better prog metal does too.

Sorry, I would not care to see either of these bands. Living Color maybe 18 years ago, but not now.

On the other hand......

If Leatherwolf can play the preparty, than LC is not a huge stretch.....

....But I would be sorely disappointed if that were the choice.

As for comparisons to Enchant or Pink Cream???

Well, they both use guitars, and geez...... Even some keys..... So well...... Maybe...... :loco:

No offense to the original poster, but this is not a good suggestion.
Shouldn't these spots at the fest be better suited for a band who would more benefit from the exposure?