Faith No More & Living Colour as Headliners

I would advise everyone to do a little homework: "The Book of Metal: The Most Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Metal Music Ever Created". Both these bands are listed in this book...

I would advise everyone to do a little homework: "The Book of Metal: The Most Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Metal Music Ever Created". Both these bands are listed in this book...

A listing in a book doesn't mean they are right for this fest. As for are they metal or not...personal opinion. Some consider AC/DC to be metal, while I consider them to be one of the preeminent hard rock bands on the planet.

FNM have metal in them, but LC I consider a hard rock band. As for PC 69, I love them and never considered them metal, but a hard rock band that sometimes touched on metal.

Faith No More has a catalog that speaks for itself, in addition to having not done anything for quite some time. They are an excellent example of metal that gets unappreciated by most, especially in regards to early 90's. Mike Patton's stage performances set an example that many in the metal community would benefit from following. There's an element here who repeatedly barks for Enchant, so how can that same person deny FNM as being a relevant metal consideration for PP.

As for Living Colour... another band that has eroded down to a small cult following. However, they should very much be considered prog/power or somewhere in the mix.

For those who claim these bands to be jokes, I'd love to talk about many of the other grossly under-qualified bands being suggested out there.

I wanted to hire a Faith No More cover band for my birthday party, but they were too expensive...so I just booked Faith No More instead.

But seriously...I love FNM but there is no way in hell they could play progpower--the floor would be emptier than when Virgin Steel played this year. Or so I heard, because I was not in the building when Virgin Steel played this year.

If you want to go that way (at least for American audiences), wouldn't better suggestions be Dio or Iron Maiden?

Living Colour is still my favorite Black Metal band, without a doubt.

Black Death
665_photo.jpg

Sound Barrier
13355_photo.JPG

Faith No More is beyond under-appreciated in the metal genre. Probably because many would like to group them in with much of the other early 90's grunge garbage. It's been a while since they've done anything of any value or relevance, and so I'm wondering what it would take to assemble even a one-off show. No doubt a Mike Patton performance would bring the house down at PP.

Living Colour is another band that has gone seemingly unrecognized over the last 10+ years. Not sure exactly why? Perhaps it's in regards to their lack of commercial hits outside of Cult of Personality. Maybe more suitable for headlining the Showcase, but either way a band that could be looked into for a potential PP appearance.
How about having LC and FNM as Showcase co-headliners?!:headbang::kickass:

I like both bands and would happily see them play live....but not at PPUSA.

Now, you can tear a building down, but you can't erase a memory. I'd love to see LC, but not at ProgPower.

+1

And this time, they'd better play that damned "Landlord" song! :lol: :lol:

(When I saw LC at a New Year's show here several years ago -- Ruthven's friend Lennon Murphy opened :kickass:-- I kept joking that they'd better play that "Landlord" song.....and of course, they didn't. :cry: )

(When I saw LC at a New Year's show here several years ago -- Ruthven's friend Lennon Murphy opened :kickass:-- I kept joking that they'd better play that "Landlord" song.....and of course, they didn't. :cry: )

What was so freaking hysterical is that Paul was so pissed that when he got back to his apartment, he dredged up the CD and played "that 'Landlord' song."