Fall from Grace - My thoughts

Kaneehh

New Metal Member
Dec 22, 2011
Hey everyone,
My name is Martin and i'm a 24 year old fan from Scotland. Got to say, I was recommended to listen to Where We Started by a friend of mines, and god did it blow me away. Downloaded the album from iTunes and over the course of the last month, if I have been listening to music, I've been listening to Borealis.
I'm a pretty open minded music fan, i'll listen to a bit of everything as long as it's melodically driven, from Metal, to Pop, to Trance, Rap, Classical, Punk, Reggae... I think you get the message.

My favourite album has been Mercenary's 'The Hours That Remain' for 5 years now, and I was beginning to lose hope that any band could match it.
That is, until I heard Fall From Grace for the first time.

I can think of only one word to describe this album. Perfect.

Never before have I ever been so completely lost in music. What you guys have created is exactly the way metal should be in my opinion. I know i'm sounding like the ultimate fanboy here, to be honest i'm finding it difficult not to. Usually if a band i'm into release an album, theres a few tracks on that album that I really dig, but for the most part, i'll skip tracks to listen to the ones I like most. But with Fall From Grace, its fucking difficult to pick out favourites.
Like I said above, usually its a few songs per album that sound great to me, but I can honestly say that every single song, riff, and note is utterly spot on to my metal preferences. The brilliant clean vocals, the guitar tones, synths, solos, breakdowns, everything, just fits so fucking well.

It's great to know that there are still metal fans out there who have passion for the music they make. This album is a perfect example of that passion.
Well done Borealis, I can't praise your efforts enough. Hope to see you guys come to Europe (and the United Kingdom in particular) sometime in the not too distant future. Keep it up guys, I'll be following you.

- Kaney.

I agree. My biggest "problem" is listening to it and then trying to listen to just about anything else. It's one of the few albums I've ever heard once and been completely overwhelmed.

I completely agree with you guys. I found them by searching for new metal bands from canada, and BAM! The aggression is great on the album, melodic charm, progressive breakdowns, amazing vocals, you name it, it's there. I have lots of faith that these guys will progress in the right way. It's like evergrey, symphony x, and firewind had the best child ever!