4. Pillar of the Sun
5. Song From the Second Floor
6. More Like a Situation
7. Hell's Silence
8. Big Ol' Fat Rain Inside
9. Security Locks Are good
10. Guilt Threat
11. Cut the Smoke

FALL OF THE LEAFE, despite having several albums under their belts, have somehow existed for years under my radar. Being a big AMORPHIS fan, I find this a bit hard to accept. But I'll get over it. One day at a time.

Anywho, FOTL can best be described as latter-day AMORPHIS fused with a dash of KATATONIA. Yep, good clean (but badly-enunciated) vocals throughout, nice little solos, tons of melodic riffing. Hell... "Enemy Simulator" could have easily been on Tuonela. And what's this near-thrash riff in "Pillar of the Sun"? Or the almost modern-metal riffing in "Song From the Second Floor"? Or the almost-constant high-end guitar lines that permeate a vast portion of the music? Hell, this whole thing is pretty fucking eclectic. Not to mention good.

On an early May morning, I heard this for the first time on a drive to the mountains. The air was cool, the sun hadn't quite breached the horizon and the surrounding woodlands seemed almost draped in a crisp, smoky hue. Drinking my coffee, I couldn't help but wonder how great this stuff will sound in Autumn. Yep, that's right. One of those albums! Or should I say "Autumne"? :tickled:

The short story: good vocals, choruses, melodies... good songs! Fans of Tuonela will absolutely love it.

I can't wait for the leaves to change color. And fall, of course! :Spin:

8/10

Black Winter Day

cross.jpg

drukpers.jpg

image003.jpg

mandela-collage.jpg

BlackWinterGay said:
OMG THIS CD ROXORZZzz!!!!!11111 :loco: :zombie: :Spin:

Thanks, I was quite proud of that meself.

Oh yeah, this CD sounds good, but I don't think I want to touch it if Tuonela continues to bore me. Dig what they try, it just doesn't work for me.