fall

Bastet

ironing...
Jul 16, 2002
M.M.
Visit site
for me autumn has begun just now. they are harvesting the mais behind my house, and in half an hour we'll be without this sheltering wall of green. :erk: :ill: :cry: :yell:

do you have something like that? some kind of event which closes summer for you?

and dries: yes we know! when the festivals are over, right? :lol:

A wooly hat. But that's already winter, sort of. When my hands are cold. When I start picking up chestnuts (don't you just love them? I can't resist them, I always have to pick one or two up).

Rehearsals season 5 begins, studies season "I can't even remember the number" begins, private lessons season 2 begins + I can't spend evenings with my window wide open anymore. These are all signs that summer's gone. I lack money too. But that's true even during summer.

ha! yes ! have to keep my door closed! that's definitely a sign too. it's wideopen all summer, and i hate it when i have to keep it close all day.

and leaves!!!!!! seems like i do nothing else but wipe the lawn clean!

Hm, I keep the door closed all the time :tickled:

And what I have to clean is my hair from the carpet, which is a year-round activity too.

hm, when they serve the young wine in vienna and south tyrol, thats autumn for me :) I just love that young wine, its delicious! ah, and the first chestnuts they sell on the street, thats autumn too... hm just see its mostly related to food :lol:

ah and seeing the first snow on the top of the mountains (this weekend the mountain peaks turned white)...

I don't have shrubs and hedgehogs either. But my spiders appreciate it when I don't clean behind the fridge.

DragonLady1 said:
hm, when they serve the young wine in vienna and south tyrol, thats autumn for me :) I just love that young wine, its delicious!
Heuriger_klein.jpg

:loco:

I like spiders, I have only tiny ones, they don't hurt. And they're supposed to bring you luck so I never kill them unless by accident.

DragonLady1 said:
the young wine [...] and the first chestnuts [...] hm just see its mostly related to food \QUOTE]

Yeah, in autumn there's so much things to eat & drink!

For me it's autumn when I put on 2 or 3 kilos :tickled:

Talking seriously, just this end-of-september evening sky, a kind of blue that gives some vertigo, makes me sense the change.

"Always the summers are slipping away
find me a way for making it stay... "
-Porcupine Tree, "Trains"-

When I stop and suddenly realize that the trees are colorful and beautiful, the weather gets cool so i can start wearing long pants and sweaters/sweatshirts, light showers, Oktoberfest's and Stouts become more appealing, leaves crunching beneath your feet...it's truely is the best time of year, a subtle event for nature to showcase itself.

I got up pretty early today, and when I went out to get some air, I could smell the changing of season, Gosh I already miss summer days.:(

insidethefall said:
When I stop and suddenly realize that the trees are colorful and beautiful, the weather gets cool so i can start wearing long pants and sweaters/sweatshirts, light showers, Oktoberfest's and Stouts become more appealing, leaves crunching beneath your feet...it's truely is the best time of year, a subtle event for nature to showcase itself.

talking about oktoberfest... we are going there today with the company, already afraid of the masses of beer :lol: