Fallen Stars - Tab

barretboy

New Metal Member
Jun 26, 2009
I have searched the deepest pits of the internet hunting for the tab of this song but to no ends :( It is an amazing song and I'd love to be able to play it. I'm not an amazing guitarist but when I'm determined to learn a song I haven't yet failed at playing it to a reasonable standard. :)

So, would anyone be willing to point me in the direction of the tab or even give me a rough overview of how it's played?

Love the band guys and keep up the good work, also get your butts over to england :D

I have searched the deepest pits of the internet hunting for the tab of this song but to no ends :( It is an amazing song and I'd love to be able to play it. I'm not an amazing guitarist but when I'm determined to learn a song I haven't yet failed at playing it to a reasonable standard. :)

So, would anyone be willing to point me in the direction of the tab or even give me a rough overview of how it's played?

Love the band guys and keep up the good work, also get your butts over to england :D

Hello!

Glad you like our music! Fallen Stars is a tough one on which to get started, mostly because of the way the guitar is tuned; from low to high: C2 F2 C3 F3 Ab3 C4. This scordatura was inspired by the utonality (minor) version of the 10-string "Adapted Guitar II," invented by Harry Partch. I didn't feel a need to add the additional four strings that he did, as they are what add the microtonal extensions that wouldn't go over so well in the context of this song. If you're not familiar with Harry's music, which many people aren't, check out "The Rose," and "The Waterfall" from "Eleven Intrusions." These are a couple of the pieces that I've played that use this guitar (the latter, being tuned to the otonality (major) version of the guitar).

I actually have sheet music for this song on my computer. Hopefully I'll find time to clean it up, add tabs, and then post a PDF. It isn't as big of a project because the only written part was the one guitar part and a vocal line; everything else was improvised.

Wow, the man himself replied, wasn't expecting that >.<

I have never heard of a tuning like that before, or heard of harry partch, I will look around for some of his stuff for sure. My music theory is pretty poor and I don't fully understand some of the stuff like "microtonal extensions", but I'll work it out one day I'm sure :D

Again kudos on the song/album/general stuffs, and do a gig in england :p

Welcome to the forum, barretboy!

It's ok, no one really understands half of the music theory stuff that Gregg says :) But I am sure someday the band will put together a book of tabs of their songs. You're not the first to request it! Glad you like their music, and keep your eye out for announcements about their new album in the upcoming months, and check out their merchandise store at http://suspyre.vstore.ca/ (very inexpensive shipping Internationally!)

When I get some nuggets rolling in that aren't spent before I properly realise they are there I might just buy a t-shirt >.<. The crazy tuning is probably the reason I couldn't find even the first note on my standard tuned guitar to sound right :rofl: