Fallout Thread

Haha :p How is that possible though, I thought Fallout 3 was really short, even though I did tons of side quests etc? The main quest is way too short, and even worse... you can predict when you're like halfway through the game, and when you're about to beat it.

Haha :p How is that possible though, I thought Fallout 3 was really short, even though I did tons of side quests etc? The main quest is way too short, and even worse... you can predict when you're like halfway through the game, and when you're about to beat it.

I think i played that game for about a week or so exploring all the different parts of the game.
And when i say a week, i mean about 12 hours a day(yeah, i was unemployed! :D)..

Did you find the Oasis?
Did you explore all the different caves etc(There are shitloads of 'em!)?
Did you find the Alien Blaster, The Firelance, Burnmaster and Vengeance? ;)

Also, if you complete a quest in two different ways, you will get completely different awards, like the "tenpenny"-quest: If you help tenpenny you will get some gold and a room there, if you help the ghouls you will gain a "ghoul mask", gold and the room.

Edit: Btw, if you find Vault 112 in the beginning of the game(Which many people apparently did.), you actually miss out on about 50% of the main quest, skipping the part of finding Three Dog and Rivet City, going directly to the "Tranquility Lane" quest. :loco:

C'mon guys, if you're gonna replay a Fallout game, you can at least replay one of the two good ones :lol:. 3 was just Oblivion with guns.

I thought 1 and 2 was just slow and boring.

And so what if it was "just Oblivion with guns"? I thought it was a good game.
Do i think it was like the previous Fallout games? .. No, and im REALLY glad it wasnt anything like them.

C'mon guys, if you're gonna replay a Fallout game, you can at least replay one of the two good ones :lol:. 3 was just Oblivion with guns.

Word!

All the mean graphic cards in the world can`t make up for style, humor and replayability first two Fallout games have.

I walked through this game like a hurried idiot..I followed the main quest, because I wanted to know, what will happen next. I´m sure, I only saw 50% of it. I will play it again with all download contents and then I wanna see all.

Sorry dudes, I'm just a purist for the first two, which is why I'm so excited to have Obsidian (remnants of Black Isle, makers of the finest RPGs EVER) working at it. Fallout 3 was a bitter disappointment to me, and more than that it shows how much gaming culture has degenerated to allow a watered down, stat-based, open world FPS to pass as an RPG these days. One that got well received no less. And now I'm even seeing people that say it is better than the first two. It honestly makes me doubt the state of humanity!

I tried Fallout 1 and it confused the fuck out of me.
I am DETERMINED to get into it though.
I suppose that's the point though. You're in a wasteland, nobody to help you, everything's against you, but you persevere anyway.

Fallout 3's koo' too. Just bought The Pitt the other day, haven't gone there yet though.

Sorry dudes, I'm just a purist for the first two, which is why I'm so excited to have Obsidian (remnants of Black Isle, makers of the finest RPGs EVER) working at it. Fallout 3 was a bitter disappointment to me, and more than that it shows how much gaming culture has degenerated to allow a watered down, stat-based, open world FPS to pass as an RPG these days. One that got well received no less. And now I'm even seeing people that say it is better than the first two. It honestly makes me doubt the state of humanity!

Well, lets put it like this, i play computer games to relax and have a good time.
So just like when watching a movie, i want it to make me think, but it shouldn't be a fuckin' job to get through the thing.

Good news! I really liked fallout 3... but i want mass effect 2, now. :D

Dude, this fall is gonna be HEAVEN - Mass Effect 2, Modern Warfare 2, Uncharted 2, sequels to three of my all-time favorite games of this generation! :worship:notworthy:worship: