Falls of Rauros - Hail Wind and Hewn Oak

Another insider fact no one cares about is that I'll be interviewing Jordan for my new fanzine La Delaïssádo on his other project Forêt Endormie [/shameles product placement]

Max my boy, have you been able to procure a copy of the last Convivial Hermit with the Noltem review?

Thanks! I just ordered a copy. Erik sent me a screenshot of the review, which was overwhelmingly positive. We appreciate the gesture. I believe he redacted his statement above since I had questioned if our label would be weird about seeing a review come out before the premier. I mentioned it to the owner and he was very cool about it (after all, I did send the album to you in like March?). They asked for our official statement about the signing and an announcement should be coming any day now...

Reactions: Ellestin
So by the way, do any of you guys still listen to Falls? Their last two albums are EXCELLENT. "Vigilance Perennial" is probably their best overall, but "Patterns in Mythology" should not be missed. At times I get a little bit of "beauty fatigue" from the latest album because it just pummels the listener with intricate harmonies and soaring melodies over, and over, and over again. They do it so well though. The band was successfully able to shed the "Agalloch metal" tag. Great dudes, great band. New England Atmospheric Metal Alliance.

that's great to hear. I trust the album will get a CD release?

Yeah its going to have a regular digipack and BELIEVE IT OR NOT we're also getting a special edition CD box set. Keeping our fingers crossed for vinyl, but it might not happen this time. I don't blame the label because we're basically an unknown band. This contract is for two albums, so maybe for the next one...

Reactions: Krilons Resa
So by the way, do any of you guys still listen to Falls?

Yup, and I'm with your assessment all the way including the well put "beauty fatigue" remark. I might use that one in a review if there's no copyright. On the whole The Light that dwells in Rotten Wood remains my favorite, because living in the fucking past is not just a catchphrase.

MFJ said:
we're also getting a special edition CD box set

Pumped for that shit. Will you be including a bag of white cedar seeds?

Reactions: Krilons Resa
So by the way, do any of you guys still listen to Falls? Their last two albums are EXCELLENT. "Vigilance Perennial" is probably their best overall, but "Patterns in Mythology" should not be missed. At times I get a little bit of "beauty fatigue" from the latest album because it just pummels the listener with intricate harmonies and soaring melodies over, and over, and over again. They do it so well though. The band was successfully able to shed the "Agalloch metal" tag. Great dudes, great band. New England Atmospheric Metal Alliance.

Absolutely, I was definitely praising Vigilance in 2017 around RC, although the forum was less active then now. Truly an exceptional album, and like you said they have really come into their own and have created a distinctive sound. I thought patterns was also great, but I did not spend as much time with it as Vigilance, --probably because there were a lot of other great albums last year.

Reactions: MFJ