Falls of Rauros - Hail Wind and Hewn Oak

It's a pretty solid release - nice atmosphere & ambitious in scope. It definitely feels like an Agalloch clone more often than not throughout (albeit with a bit more energy in its expression), but what it lacks in originality it makes up for in inspiration. Can't comment on the production until I hear a higher quality rip, but as Erik indicated, it was indeed enough of a sample to make up my mind that I wouldn't mind hearing more. Thanks guys.

you know what this reminds me of more than agalloch? what noltem would have been like had maximum johnson gotten his shit together

good stuff though

it's certainly not pale folklore but it's alright for what it is and imaginative music for sure

sounds like the kind of band that should maybe have released a couple more demo tapes before they tried their hand at an actual album though, but then i'm the type of guy who thinks that when you get to the point of releasing a real bona fide album it should be the real deal and pretty much flawless, i realize others might see it differently

Great album, but I really think The Light that Dwells in Rotten Wood was far more refined and really showed what they were capable of.

At any rate, they were fantastic live as well.

Also, why are we posting in this subsection? LOLOLO

What in the fuck @ this thread. :lol:

Great name. Never heard them. Almost bought an album of theirs a few months ago, but then didn't because......................I don't remember why.

you know what this reminds me of more than agalloch? what noltem would have been like had maximum johnson gotten his shit together

LOL I never saw this. You're not wrong. INTERESTING FACT: Jordan from Falls plays a solo on the new Noltem album. This album has been finished for almost two years and we've been "signed" since early 2020. Just waiting the for it to be announced and released. It's driving me fucking crazy at this point.

Reactions: Krilons Resa
haha yeah i didn't remember writing that and it sounds weirdly angry but i didn't mean it that way

i'm glad you did finally get your shit together tho

i also ████████ of your new █████ in ███████ and was like "██████████████████" but... guess not :dopey:

[CLASSIFIED DATA REDACTED]

Last edited:
Reactions: Krilons Resa
LOL I never saw this. You're not wrong. INTERESTING FACT: Jordan from Falls plays a solo on the new Noltem album. This album has been finished for almost two years and we've been "signed" since early 2020. Just waiting the for it to be announced and released. It's driving me fucking crazy at this point.

Another insider fact no one cares about is that I'll be interviewing Jordan for my new fanzine La Delaïssádo on his other project Forêt Endormie [/shameles product placement]

Max my boy, have you been able to procure a copy of the last Convivial Hermit with the Noltem review?