Fan Interview with Lost Horizon's Wojtek Lisicki

Power_Metal_Dom

Epic Metaller
Aug 8, 2006
Frankfurt, Germany
An eager fan, firstroundko108, got the chance to chat with Lost Horizon's Wojtek Lisicki, guitarist, about the possibility of a new album:

*ME: I will say though, there are a TON of people I talk to in metal communities begging to know if we will ever hear another album from Lost Horizon, who's going to sing, etc. etc. If there is anything I can pass along I would be most grateful.”

*WOJTEK: It´s my every day dilemma man... I am alone. From one point of view I dont need anyone, because I can [do] everything by myself, but it demands so much effort you couldn't believe. And of course, there is no singer, but that is actually a smaller problem however strange it sounds

*ME: That would be awesome if you did a Lost Horizon YouTube audition like DragonForce did, oh man you would have so many tryouts!

*WOJTEK: [laughs] I already did a semi-tryout through the official page once. It was a miserable experience [laughs]

*ME: Oh yeah, I don't know how many people visit the page any more. I used to all the time but I eventually gave up hope [laughs]! But now, maybe there is a chance. So really, you just need the time to do it yourself, or the right people to help you get it done? But everything is written?

*WOJTEK: No no, nobody goes there any more. I haven't been there in one year.

*ME: Either way, the return of Lost Horizon will be the most glorious event in power metal of the decade. There are thousands and thousands holding onto their hopes!

*WOJTEK: Don't put LH in the power metal sack LH is LH ^

*ME: Agreed! [laughs] Well so there is no one answer to whether or whether not it's going to happen then?

*WOJTEK: There is no actually. The problem is that I am in a strange period in my life, kinda hanging up in the air, with no concrete direction with anything. I am trying to do something with this new band, but I don't see any bigger future with that.

*ME: Yeah, I think it is exciting, but of course there are people in some of the forums wishing for you to quit so you can get back to Lost Horizon [laughs]. Not that your new band isn't bad, it's good stuff, but Lost Horizon is just fucking amazing! I wonder if I raised money how much I would have to send you to get started. A new Lost Horizon album, I would pay a few hundred bucks for it in a store at the very least. It's like pure gold. But I respect that you are going through a tough time, it's hard to write music and do anything big if you don't feel right.

*WOJTEK: Sounds dedicated and passionate. The thing is that people don't understand what I have been through with this LH ultra project. To build up something like that costs you everything else in life.

*ME: Yeah especially fans who don't understand all that goes into producing an album, they just want the final product [laughs]. I am probably $15,000 under at least and a whole lot of lost time and missed opportunities for jobs making our album. It does suck! So I'm assuming you aren't rich from LH then?

*WOJTEK: [laughs] No But I could

*WOJTEK: Lost Horizon can be reactivated in 3 ways:

- The full band get struck by a lightning and they want to do it like before - all members. This will of course never happen

- By crowd funding. Meaning, I don't have to have daily work and only concentrate on the album.

- I cut myself off from everything, live like hermit and produce step by step with full focus, to finally sell the product to a company. Unfortunately, I don't wanna end at a mental hospital.

*ME: So it seems #2 is probably the only way it is going to happen. So basically we need to send you a million dollars! I love the lightning strike analogy, I only wish that would happen!

*WOJTEK: lol on the second line

*ME: Do you know what kickstarter is?

*WOJTEK: no

*ME: It's sweeping the US, but basically it's a website where you set up a kickstarter video about what you want money for, then fans donate $1 or more and if they reach the goal in time, say $10,000 in 6 months, then all the transactions go through and you get the money. How cool would it be if you made a video like that with your sample tracks from the website, oh man I bet it would work. I would surely help spread it around the US and many metal forums and websites. http://www.kickstarter.com/ it has worked for many bands

*WOJTEK: Sounds like a great option, hmm. How does that work with taxes? And the problem is even more complex bearing in mind I am from an other country than USA

*ME: Donations aren't taxed, so it should be tax-free as far as I know. But yeah there could be, but I think it would be the best way if it was going to be fan-funded. Well unless you open a US checking account just for the project

*WOJTEK: The key word in this LH reviving project must be – simplicity. It must not take a lot of effort juridically or technically. I am already a burnout in a way

*ME: Well, I guess all it really would be is you making a video of yourself on your webcam talking about Lost Horizon and the sample tracks along with it. I could run the idea by this group of LH fans I know and see what they think

*WOJTEK: [laughs] Forget the cam recoding I am not a media character. But I would do it some other suitable way

ME: Hmm, well I know the fan support is there, and I don't want to seem intrusive Wojtek so maybe we'll end up there and I'll swing some ideas around with the communities and see if any great ideas come up? end this here

*WOJTEK: I don't find you intrusive at all

*ME: Thanks, I just don't want to come off as a crazy fan, it's such an honor to speak with you, but I feel you have no idea just how many people there are out there, and how passionate they are about LH, and how fucking badly they pray for another album. Your music is godly, it brings so much joy to the world. But I have to run anyways, so I'll swing this idea around and see if we can't come up with a solution, because I bet we can get you enough money one way or another.

*WOJTEK: I HAVE the idea about the dedication and longing! I do. Maybe not how widely spread, big and intense it could be. but I sense it. Thanks for your conversation. I don't take it like fan or anything like that anyway, so np at all.

*ME: Excellent, as one aspiring musician to an accomplished one, thank you. I'll be in touch soon.

*WOJTEK: I am always here worko-holling, so just give me a line whenever you want about anything, np. Laters!

*ME: Awesome! Later!

In short: Lost Horizon needs funding and a fan-fueled kickstarter is probably the only way we are going to get to hear a new Lost Horizon album.