Lost Horizon shakeup

That's a shame - what was his stage name? Something to do with Transmogrification right? :lol:

Two good albums though are better than none.

Still waiting for sophomore albums from Elvenking and Ensiferum...

I severely need to buy these albums. I saw the first album in HMV last year and as soon as I saw the photos I thought "these guys will be good!" ^_^

Ayeka said:
I severely need to buy these albums. I saw the first album in HMV last year and as soon as I saw the photos I thought "these guys will be good!" ^_^

The second one is really, really good. The first one is even better.

I love it when you can judge a book by its cover :cool: (or a CD by its crazily painted band members! :p)

Trying to find threads on Lost Horizon...our good lizard (RIP) was the only person to have created one. So I resurrect....has anyone here NOT heard the Lost Horizon debut, "Awakening the World"?

Seriously, it's 10/10 buy or die, provided you're ok with traditional heavy metal. J can ignore this thread. :p

1001 riff salad, speed, precision, melody, hooks, catchy choruses, real 'singing' vocals (not thrash shouty shouty)....could have ended up in the other melodic speed metal thread.

np: "Heart of Storm" :kickass:

yeah, so it turns out that the whole cheesy image thing is just part of an entire "anti-metal" message they put together

If you read the band lyrics and liner notes, they're actually making fun of the stereotype of what metal has become -- the clothes, the cheese factor, the make up, and even the stage names...all supposed to represent the "irony" of it all....

...and then of course you put the music on and it pretty much blows you away. The lyrics have nothing to do with swords, dragons, vikings, conan, etc, it's all about self-preservation and less about "feel good" fantasy.

Basically, they totally flipped it on its head.

yeah, the first album is a must to everyone. The second is a bit "meh", but still good. I wonder if they found a replacement for their singer?