Fantomas - Delirivm Cordia reviewed in Rolling Stone

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
The brand spankin new Rolling Stone (Dave Matthews cover) has a review of the new Fantomas. Here goes:

The first track on Fantomas' new album is its best. It's also the only song on the CD: a sprawling seventy-four-minute epic incorporating noise rock, free-form jazz, chamber music, klezmer and spooky piano lines straight out of a Halloween movie. On one hand, it's maddening, especially when the band lapses into twenty-two minutes of near silence. But 'Cordia' demands repeated listens, if only to hear the freakish wonder that is Mike Patton's voice: The former Faith No More frontman's well-placed moans, gasps and shrieks keep the noise together and give the music a creepy, alien vibe. Not recommended for mix CDs.

3/5

Well it's been a while since they reviewed something I gave a rats ass about. I'm very excited about this new Fantomas CD. Somebody on this board said it was no good. I say that person has no clue about Fantomas . . . and probably hasn't even heard this thing (since Ipecac is VERY tight with promos). Anyway, if Rolling Stone can comprehend this, anybody can. A 74 minute freak show . . . I can't wait (January 27th release).

I recently saw a promo for this album go for something like $100 on EBAY!

I too am very excited, and no way in hell I'm paying $100 for the promo. Sucks that RS actually liked it, but I guess 3/5 isn't glowing, so that's good. Fuck that magazine. :saint:

Terrorizor gave it a 1/10 or a 10/10 "depening on your mood."