Fantomas!

matt99_crew

Dec 9, 2003
New Fantomas out soon. This is on Blabbermouth today:

Ipecac Records has set an April 5 release date for the fourth FANTOMAS album, entitled "Suspended Animation" (view cover here). The follow-up to 2003's "Delirium Cordia" was previously described by frontman Mike Patton (ex-FAITH NO MORE) as "playful, jumpy, upbeat, with a lot of nursery rhymes."

In addition to Patton, FANTOMAS' current lineup includes MR. BUNGLE bassist Trevor Dunn, MELVINS guitarist Buzz Osborne and SLAYER drummer Dave Lombardo.

BTW--If you're a fan and haven't done so yet, you should check out the Kaada/Patton collaboration. Good stuff.

I haven't checked out the Kaada/Patton stuff yet, will soon.

This news makes me go :kickass: because all Fantomas albums are :kickass: .

It's kind of hard to describe, like nearly all MP projects, but it's mostly just odd vocalizations w/ Kaada doing odd instrumentation. Not typical band stuff, no percussion, etc. Maybe a cross between the first Fantomas and Delirium Cordia...kinda.
I used to have a link for a page that had some streaming samples. I'm at work now, I'll see if I can dig it up at home and post it.

Sounds interesting. I figure almost everything Patton and Friends are involved with is worth looking into though, even the disappointing stuff has some redeeming qualities.

Uh, I kinda forgot an important descriptor: the whole thing is pretty slow. No fast and crazy stuff. The title is Romances, and that kind of fits. Maybe for a soundtrack to an interplanetary animal mating documentary.
Say, does this smell like chloroform?

i love that kaada/patton album, very calm and soothing, yet offset by its bizarro tendencies .. definitely has that patton vibe

isn't there an official peeping tom release in the works? no clue when that'll be out

no idea if I've heard a full set of demos or not, but from what I've heard of peeping tom, I thought it was a great mix of styles, heavier at times, but a lot of a laid back , jazzy, even trip-hop feel at times, which combined with Patton's vox, is just tops.

heh.. saying patton + trip hop reminds me of the cover of glory box.. a classic!!

I've heard some excerpts from Romances, definitely one of his more eosteric projects, but I am intrigued enough to consider buying it...and the new Fantomas also sounds really cool, knew Patton would go through a demented childhood phase eventually (or at least devote an entire album to it).

New Fantômas has leaked apparently. I generally don't like to listen to albums before release date (unless I get a promo), but this is just an FYI, a Thumb's Up, a Fair Shot, a Hideous Warning, a Doubtful Paradise, and Conglomeration Attempt for anyone else.

One Inch Man said:
New Fantômas has leaked apparently. I generally don't like to listen to albums before release date (unless I get a promo), but this is just an FYI, a Thumb's Up, a Fair Shot, a Hideous Warning, a Doubtful Paradise, and Conglomeration Attempt for anyone else.

yeah I got ahold of it yesterday, I meant to burn a cd-r to listen to at work today, but forgot, so I have no opinions on the album yet..

That kaada/patton album, however, is really good, very laid back and chill.. and it has some ubercatchy melodies in it that keep getting stuck in my head just about every day, even when I havent listened to the album for a week or two , ha ha