FAQ About the Incurable Tragedy

theblackdahliamurder

Thirty Seconds to Uranus
Jul 14, 2006
Pan's Labyrinth
www.myspace.com
Well I've heard Diagnosis Terminal both the demo version and the real version on IE's myspace page. It's awesome.

Stu Block can REALLY get up there like Tim Owens, Rob Halford.........etc.

My question is, what percentage of the album's vocals are Stu Block and what percentage are Tim Roth, assuming Tim still does the death and clean vocals as he's done in the past, which have always been awesome.

Just wondering.

Also, how many acoustic songs a-la Surrounded by Night will be featured on TIT (aka the INCURABLE TRAGEDY)?

And what kind of gear did you use on the album guitar wise.......and where was it recorded?

Hopefully you guys can tour the Southern U.S. like you did with Destruction and such, that was awesome.

I can finally say I saw IE live! And you guys NEVER disappoint!:headbang:

Actually, I talked to Steve B. the other day and he told me he actually does all the vocals now, Stu & Troy moved to guitar, with Justin taking over bass and Tim is now behind the kit. They did the demo the old way as well as the new after. But after they posted the demo (done the old way) they realized that it would be best if they all switched. I was a little unsure when he told me, but then he showed me the finished copy and i couldn't believe how much better it sounded. Fucking amazing to have dudes that are so talented at doing different instruments.

As for the "Surrounded by Night" style songs, there are about 4 if I recall correctly.

For guitars, Stu and Troy used Squier Affinity Strats and played them through Line 6 Spiders with distortion pedals in front, Stu used a Metalzone, and I believe Troy used a Digitech Death Metal distortion. Not sure, I'll have to ask Steve again.

Actually, I talked to Steve B. the other day and he told me he actually does all the vocals now, Stu & Troy moved to guitar, with Justin taking over bass and Tim is now behind the kit. They did the demo the old way as well as the new after. But after they posted the demo (done the old way) they realized that it would be best if they all switched. I was a little unsure when he told me, but then he showed me the finished copy and i couldn't believe how much better it sounded. Fucking amazing to have dudes that are so talented at doing different instruments.

As for the "Surrounded by Night" style songs, there are about 4 if I recall correctly.

For guitars, Stu and Troy used Squier Affinity Strats and played them through Line 6 Spiders with distortion pedals in front, Stu used a Metalzone, and I believe Troy used a Digitech Death Metal distortion. Not sure, I'll have to ask Steve again.

:lol:

And what does Steve do, Vocals?

hahaha that was pretty good.

there's 2 full clean songs, without any heavy parts. They might be my favorite songs on the album...

We use all sorts of studio stuff in the ... studio... hah and I play a Diamond Phantom rig live, and time uses a Madison Divinity.

Yaw.

Can't wait to buy this album, the whole thing is so unbelievable. Best yet since Buried in Oblivion.

Highlights for me: The 1st two Incurable Tragedies (the 2 non-heavy songs...wait until you hear the sick snaking bass line underneath the final part of the 2nd Incurable!!!), Diagnosis Terminal, Time Immemorial, and the last 2 heavy songs before the final Incurable: Blacklight Ending, One Funeral Hymn for 3. But honestly, the whole damn album is killer. If you don't like it after the 1st listen, give it another chance. You'll be hooked if you do. I mean this!! :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Have fun writing that up? :lol:

I may be the only one here who sais so but... I was quite disappointed when I heard about the fact that a big percentage of the vocals on "The Incurable Tragedy" would be in that buzzsaw-scream-style. :erk:
I always liked the first three Into Eternity albums best - most of all "Dead Or Dreaming" - and so I was unpleasantly surprised when I heard those high-pitched screams on "The Scattering Of Ashes". What was wrong with the vocal-style they had on their first three albums?

Stuz vocals are the best @ sonatafrantica not all the vocals are buzzsaw-scream styled there's as good variation of clean vox and harmonies to go along with the growling