Far Beyond Driven

ddeblin9

New Metal Member
Jan 16, 2008
I've been having a lot of trouble finding interviews about the actual production process of Pantera's album 'Far Beyond Driven'. I am currently writing a paper that is to cover an album's production techniques. While I was able to find some basic information (where it was recorded, producer, engineers, etc) I haven't really been able to find any in depth information and was wondering if anyone knew where I might be able to find some. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i've never really heard anything or seen anything regarding mr.date's tehcniques other than a few articles i've read about his work with the deftones. if anyone fins anything please share i am very intrested

In a Dime interview I remember reading they triple tracked each side, and that one of the three was heavily flanged and blended in, and he said it sounded totally fucked up on its own but worked.

Probably not related at all, but on all the videos for songs from that album you can hear crazy flanging on the guitars - never really noticed it on the actual CD, but it drives me mad on the '5 Minutes Alone' video!

Steve