Help On Getting This Massive Low End

bryan.batiste

Recording Junkie
May 27, 2009
NJ
www.thesebranches.com
does anybody have any insight as to how i can emulate the low end from save the day's "sound the alarm"?? Manny of Glassjaw was still in the band at that point and I'm almost certain he recorded with his SVTPro. I mean his bass tone is MASSIVE.

Steve Evetts produced/mixed and I have looked all across the internet and this forum for any information on this production and can't find a thing.

Is it simply a matter of combining a DI with an amp track or extreme eq/compression? Any information or tips is greatly appreciated. Heres a clip to help:

Last edited by a moderator:
My signal path was Crane Song spider preamp + A/D. Oktava mk012 for overheads, Sm57 for snare and toms. Kick 100% replaced and Peluso 2247LE on mono room. Toms and snare are blended with samples, allot of real snare there really, massive lowend is from the kick and the bassguitar really.
So that is usually the key to get a good lowend. And the key to a great guitar sound in my opinion is a great bass sound.
That is why you wont get that many comments because every instrument plays a roll in getting a great mix so it is really down to your own crafting/mxing skill which takes yyears and years to get good at, but good luck!!!