Farewell to you all...

dreamwatch

Syntax error
... from this computer. :)

My beloved IBM has served me well over the last eight years, with it's cute little 3.7gb hard drive, that blurry 15"monitor and the itsy little 32mb ram (which I did eventually upgrade a bit). I never held it against him that he didn't have a CD writer, or that I couldn't use my scanners and printer with him because the strain would kill him. Nope, I loved and accepted him for what he was. And so what if he was running Windows 98 first edition, nobodies perfect. But now it is time for us to part, and this my friends is his last post to you all here. He is being retired to my mothers bedroom where he will help her do her banking and check the Irish Times online. Yes, an easier life ahead has he.

And so please let me welcome you to my new online buddy - Compaq. He's not a behometh in comparison to what's out there now, but a Pentium 4 2.8ghz with an 80gb hard drive, 512mb of ddram, dvd re-write, 6 usb2 ports and 2 fire wire ports and 128mb graphics card (my last little beauty could only manage onboard graphics, God love it). I also have a new 17" tft monitor and cordless mouse and keyboard. I am in lust. I just hope it all works. :OMG:

Catch you on the flip side!

Aussie_Outlaw said:
8 years? Thats fucking ages.

I'ved moved through 4 pcs in 4 years.

Welcome back to the edge of tomorrow.
:eek: Fucking hell!! This thing has to last me another 8 years, there's no way I'm buying another one! I can't imagine what I might really be missing from this, except for maybe a dedicated sound card and depending what I do with it a second hard drive. There will definately be more memory going in next month, I'll increase it to a gig and then all should be well. :)

All things considered I quite like this one. :) I'm still not convinced about flat screen monitors but a) it was a gift and b) I'm already in love with the amount of space I've reclaimed so I guess I'll just have to get used to the thing. My film scanner is finally going to get used, only 8 months after I bought it. :Smug: