PC buying advice

MasterOLightning, sorry if I'm hijacking your thread.It's just that my old PC is drawing its last breath, and I need a new one pronto. Something that's both for gaming and work.
I can get the folowing pre-assembled rig at a bargain price of 500$. Just wondering if it's any good, since there are so many of them on the market

Processor: Intel Core2DUO E7500 [2.83GHz/1066MHz 3MB]

Motherboard: ASUS Intel G31
RAM: 4GB DDR2 800Mhz
Hard disk: 500GB 7200 RPM SATA II
Videocard: Nvidia Geforce 9500GT 1024 MB
Soundcard: Intel High Definition Audio 5.1 o\b
Optical Drive: DVD-RW 22x22
Network Card: Intel 10\100\1000 o\b

Any thoughts? Also, any recommendations for a good monitor? Something that's not too taxing on the eyes, since I work on the computer a lot.

Sounds good for being prebuilt and $500, though you could probably build a similar one for less. But anyways, it'll definitely suffice for gaming needs (I have an 8500 GT and it works damn well). As for monitors I'm not really sure what brands to look out for, but it shouldn't be hard.

I held off on buying Black Friday/Cyber Monday because I didn't love any of the deals, and the good ones were just trying to push obsolete gear anyway. I'll probably bump this again when I come close to deciding in the future. I probably am going to spend on a trip or two in the next few months instead. And it really never hurts to wait on this kind of thing.

Regarding some questions, I'm just going to keep the speakers from my current setup. I don't do any downloading, so HD space is of minimal concern. I've only filled about 20/100 GB on my external, and I've had that thing for a good three years or so. I don't save any video. I could see picking up a bargain bin game here and there, but I can't imagine a decent new machine will have a hard time running games that are 3-6 years old.