fate of Atrox?

Christopher

blunt fanfare trauma
Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
hey EMI,

Is Atrox still signed to code666, or was that a one album deal only? I was wondering what you had in mind for them since Monika had left the band some time ago. Hmm,I wonder what she's up to right now.....

Well, Atrox are one of my favourite bands, and I'm sorry to say that I decided to let 'em go away from code666.

the deal was for one album plus 3 optional albums.

when Monika left after "Orgasm", the band looked for a new singer and decided for a guy called Rune.

they recorded a couple of new songs with him and they sent me the promo.

it is not bad at all, but in my opinion without Monika's voice the songs are now more "flat", they lost that special vibe of originality, it seems that now they are a band like many others...i miss her voice too much.

that's why i decided to leave 'em free :(((((

you can hear the new songs with the new singer here: http://www.atrox-web.com, I'm curious to hear your opinion about our decision.

I've downloaded those two songs a couple of months ago. The singer had a pretty nice voice and the music didn't change too much, but the record has lost the copyrighted Atrox' psychopathy. :loco: They're still a good band but without all these freakness and madness which we all... loved? :confused:

Lex said:
I've downloaded those two songs a couple of months ago. The singer had a pretty nice voice and the music didn't change too much, but the record has lost the copyrighted Atrox' psychopathy. :loco: They're still a good band but without all these freakness and madness which we all... loved? :confused:
I totally agree...:erk:

it is not bad at all, but in my opinion without Monika's voice the songs are now more "flat", they lost that special vibe of originality, it seems that now they are a band like many others...i miss her voice too much.

that's why i decided to leave 'em free :(((((

you can hear the new songs with the new singer here: http://www.atrox-web.com, I'm curious to hear your opinion about our decision.[/QUOTE]

I must agree with you. I was initially attracted to the band through reviews that described the vocals tyle as being both sensational and completely unlistenable. To me, that usually means something good, or worth looking into. And yes, I found them and saw their flair of originality, and kept on with them until the code666 release. Orgasm was good, but even then I could tell that the energy wasn't the same, they were toning themselves down a bit and it was kind of discouraging to hear. And the rest is history after that. I don't even know what Monika has been a part of since, although I still like that first Tactile Gemma album quite a bit. Maybe I'll try to wade through the absurdity at her website again.;)