Fate or Norns Review

Hexenzahn

The Metal Vault
Mar 4, 2005
metalvault.bravehost.com
Amon Amarth's latest, Fate of Norns, has a new review in The Metal Vault. Do you agree with it?

( I just got bitched out by another band because their review had been a bad one. I didn't write it and generally don't write or even pay attention to reviews at all, so anyway....) :err:

that review is pretty short, the sentences are too short too btw... which makes the review not very "smooth" and ennoying to read. and we dont really learn much about the album in it. i mean there's nothing much to agree with..; yes its melo death from sweden, not exactly like gothenberg style, yes the vocals are low, yes they adopted viking myths and all... those are facts not opinions. "This album may be the bands most powerful offering to date" is probably the only opinion in that review, and i dont agree, Versus the world is much more powerful, but this last realease is good nonetheless. "Amon Amarth are a force to be reckoned with and continue to get stronger with every release" that i dont particularly agree with, the demo, and OSFTGH are awsome releases too, i prefer them to The Crusher and The Avenger...

@Belgar : what? wheres the shakespear quote? was that a joke i didnt get? :p

Belgar said:
Yawn, yawn ... who wrote this review? be serious man. I could have written a better review after a good night of Jager drinking. I did enjoy the William Shakespeare quote though.

Thanks about the Shakespeare feedback. I guess good old William never expected to be quoted in a metal zine... :tickled:

It's a bit technical -- the review I mean. I just started the zine and, therefore, have new writers, so I'm trying to get a feel for what's going on. Nothing better than reader-feedback since reviews are written for ... well.. readers.

Thanks for the comment. :headbang:

Celtik Militia said:
that review is pretty short, the sentences are too short too btw... which makes the review not very "smooth" and ennoying to read. and we dont really learn much about the album in it. i mean there's nothing much to agree with..; yes its melo death from sweden, not exactly like gothenberg style, yes the vocals are low, yes they adopted viking myths and all... those are facts not opinions. "This album may be the bands most powerful offering to date" is probably the only opinion in that review, and i dont agree, Versus the world is much more powerful, but this last realease is good nonetheless. "Amon Amarth are a force to be reckoned with and continue to get stronger with every release" that i dont particularly agree with, the demo, and OSFTGH are awsome releases too, i prefer them to The Crusher and The Avenger...

@Belgar : what? wheres the shakespear quote? was that a joke i didnt get? :p

Wow, Celtik. You just gave an excellent review just in commenting about the one you read. You are also well-written. Wish to write for me? :D

Oh, the Shakespeare quote is on the front page on top of the "vault" picture. You'll see it right when you get in. I liked it, so I "borrowed" Shakespeare's words. :p