Fates Warning - disconnected and FX

SoundMaster

Jan 20, 2002
"the flower & willow world"
Visit site
(I believe those are the actual titles....correct me if wrong)

Are these records any good? Worth buying? Is it true that Alder has toned down the dreadful screeching?

I lost interest in Fates after Parallels. Inside Out sucked and Grey was a snooze fest. Top that with Alder's dreadful, often off key vocals, and I ignored these later releases.

But I've read that Alder, much like LaBrie, has toned it down in his older age and keeps the roaring to a minimum. Is that true?

Keith! said:
I think you mean FWX. I think its an alright album, its got a few really good songs and I dont think the singing is bad.

I HATE THAT ALBUM...!!!...ive said it numerous times....that was the worst $10 I ever spent...the vox suck on that album...it jsut ruins the album for me...and the music is very bland..nothign new...!!!!........PEAC EOUT

sure, compared to No Exit/Parallels, he has toned down. but actually that already happened on APSOG, so I don't quite understand why you call the vocals screeching on that album. if you didn't like the vocals on APSOG then you'll probably not like those on Disconnected or FWX.
I'm a big fan of Alder since APSOG actually! he may have his cheesy moments but I don't mind.

the good thing about Disconnected and FWX is that although they're in a way not very adventurous or complex, they're so damn listenable and enjoyable. sometimes I find myself popping in one FW album after the other, because I just don't get tired of the music.

Eh, I never cared for anything after No Exit to be perfectly honest. I think I heard FWX once, but it wasn't memorable enough for me to actually pursue its purchase. I liked Arch's A Twist of Fate EP though. Hopefully he'll continue that project.