• Joan Jett

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
Who's your fave!! I really loved female vocals in '80s metal. Unlike these days when there are no new good ones coz they all sing either crappy opera vocals, death vocals or punky vocals, female metal vocalists were awesome in the '80s!

Judging purely on voice, Janet Gardener from Vixen gets my vote. She sounded really sexy and feminine but very rock & roll at the same time! I loved her :)

I voted for Doro though I would have added Angela from Arch Enemy. Since she wasn't listed & I don't know if you'd consider her approach "oldschool" I went Doro. She can sing. I have the Motorhead DVD & she sings "Born to Raise Hell" with Lemmy, her vocals aren't up to par. Maybe, she's lost some of her punch?! She also hasn't aged very well. She's got this big ass pumpkin head. She looks like a flesh colored jack-o-lantern these days.
All I remember was watchin' the "All We Are" video & them cutting in to the Doro ass shots....

:lol: She did a meet & greet at a Dungeon gig last night but I didn't go to it. I might go hang out with her some time during the week though coz I'm friends with the people who's house she is staying at (the promotor who brought her out's sisters).

sixxswine said:
If you can belive this, I saw her open for Yngwie Malmsteen & Black N Blue in Portland Oregon in 1988.
Yngwie was touring for the Odyssey disc & BNB for In Heat, she was tour for the Lita record(I Think) this was before she had the Hit with the Ozzman....
In the 80's , she was very popular even before her collaboration with Ozzy. After that seems like Lita began to lose popularity.

Mine is easily Ann Wilson from Heart. I just saw them in July and her voice is as incredible live as it is on their albums. She may not be much to look at, but in my opinion is easily the best female hard rock vocalist I've ever heard.

I saw Doro live last weekend. Almost met her too but I jumped out of the line to go 'n get a photo with Johnny Dee (from Britny Fox, he's Doro's touring drummer).

Was a great concert!!! Best part though was getting my Britny Fox records signed by Johnny and getting a photo :)

"I hate myself for lovin' you. Can't break free from the things that you do. I wanna walk, but I run back to you. That's why I hate my self for lovin' you-hoo!" - Man, I love Joan Jett.