Favorite breakfast foods?

Steven

Jun 20, 2003
Visit site
Do you even eat breakfast?
I faced a dilemma this morning. You see, I normally start out each day with a hearty bowl of oatmeal. This morning, though, I'd forgotten that all the bowls in my house were in the dishwasher (not yet cleaned).
Sometimes when this happens, I just microwave my oatmeal in a big plastic cup, but alas, these were all dirty too.

I settled on toast.

It doesn't satisfy, somehow.

What is your ideal breakfast?

Mine is a mound of corned beef hash topped with 4 fried eggs or poached eggs, home fries with extra paprika, 4 pieces of well-buttered toast, baked beans, grilled tomatoes & mushrooms, even the odd kipper if there are some lying around.
Washed down with copious quantities of white coffee and orange juice.
If I'm lucky I will also eat some of my grandmother's coffee cake. She doesn't make it so often anymore. A shame, really.

i usually dont eat anything when i wake up. just wait for one hour and get my lunch anyway cause i usually wake up at 12am :oops:

You should really eat something right away, Mehdi!
When I don't eat, I start to feel like I'm diabetic.
A nice hearty breakfast carries you straight through the day!
That's what me mum always said.
Mind you, she also said that twelve vodka and cranberries a day doesn't necessarily make one an alcoholic...

Hey Anathema guys! What do YOU eat for breakfast?

Well, I wanted to cunnilinguistically manipulate your mother's best friend, since she was Malaysian, but she turned me down.
We can't all get what we want.
I got toast.
And The GodFather boxed set.
And a few ingrown hairs.
So, chin up, UV.
The electromagnetic spectrum... I use my spectroscope to scatter and blend the light, and reconfigure it in new ways.
I invented a new color, I did.

Tchuss!
I believe the Germans use that.

:wave:

i wake up late too, so never eat breakfast. in greece nobody really eats breakfast. just a coffee and that...

Hey Sol,
When James Bond was in Greece he had yogurt, green figs, and black coffee for breakfast. You Hellenes have such nice weather, you don't need morning fuel to function!

Hey Light,
Have some breakfast!
It'll do you good.
Skip the pollo- opt for some fresh fruit.
Maybe some leftover pizza?

Arses, friend?
Funny you should mention them; I once ate arse in France.
I was in a little village out in the Massif Central, and dined on pig rump.
Lovely stuff.
One thing I will NEVER eat is pig testicles. I know the Belgians are fond of them. I'm not!

Steven said:
Arses, friend?
Funny you should mention them; I once ate arse in France.
I was in a little village out in the Massif Central, and dined on pig rump.
Lovely stuff.
One thing I will NEVER eat is pig testicles. I know the Belgians are fond of them. I'm not!

We used to eat pig testicles in France too but it's out of fashion now :cool:
They have strange eating habits in Massif Central indeed, I've never tried pig rump but anyway ' Dans le cochon tout est bon ', Oh and some people eat chicken rump too.