Favorite Dark Deceiver Track!

I...um...sort of forgot to order this. Haha. I don't have it yet. Hopefully Newbury Comics has it tomorrow. Otherwise I'll order it. Can't believe I forgot. For some reason I thought the release date was like a month away.

Bad fan! BAD!

Mine would have to be the title track, as that's all I can listen to as its on their myspace... :lol:

I'm pumped that they've got a 12 minute song in there, but I'll have to wait to actually here them all and pass judgement...

Hmmm, I'm really not sure which is my favorite. I think The Power To Believe may be the best, but I also like Dark Deceiver alot, and The Temple Within, and I loove the part on Lies where he says "Days pass by", that is so epic. Really, the only song that I can say for sure I don't like as much is Inner Spirit, and that's mostly because of the weird monotonous voice in some parts. But it still has it's awesome parts.

gotta second the Lies for the Days Pass By parts... love that vocal line, love when it fades, then comes back with the NO NO...back into Days Pass By part.

so f'ing killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this disc is getting better and better with every listen!!!:headbang:

WELL I GOT MY CD!

Wow KICKASS!!

My favorites after a few listens are
1. The Passion of Words
2. Dark Deceiver
3. Inner Spirit
4. Severed Angel (this little frickin ditty from hell RULES!!)

Oh and thanks for getting me my shirt so fast Jusun, it will go nicely with all my other ZH summer wear!!! :D

Brett

I better get in here before every song is my favorite. The first listen through, track 1 (The Power to Believe) stood out and kicked my ass as well as The Temple Within (#6). I thought the song was cool live last year, but man it really develops on the CD and kicks so much ass! I love the distorted full chords at the end! They ring through so nice and with the vocals at the end -- just kicks ass! As time goes on, more and more tracks are really standing out.

My current top 5 of this disk are:
The Power to Believe
The Temple Within (Chris' finest performance on the disk)
The Passion of Words (man, this one kicks some serious ass too and really sticks in my head)
Resurrection
Inner Spirit (love when it slows down and Chris really lights it up; those chromatic runs in the beginning are just plain SICK too!)

OK, I'll stop! It is definitely one of those disks that take multiple listens to even begin to digest and fully appreciate. Great stuff!! Can't wait to see them live again!

every time i hear it i love it more.
Same here!

And my GF, Barb, is another rabid ZH fan since she witness their "recent" performance @ PP feels the same way. The first couple of times through, she fell in love with The Passion of Words. But she just updated me a little while ago that she has added The Temple Within and Inner Spirit to her list. We are talking about someone who absolutely worshiped Specs from the first moment she heard it (after the show), so she has to experience the "growing on you" thing for the first time with these guys.

My 10 y/o, Jason, who listened to Specs EVERY night for about a year (ending back in December), immediately recognized the band when he got in my truck the other night. He's my little rocker and is METAL! Perhaps soon I'll be able to report his favorite tracks from the new disk too. I know he LOVES the bass solo (he started playing bass back in December and is doing quite well for the time), so we shall see what catches him next. He's definitely not your typical 10 y/o! :headbang::headbang:

So I found the album today. Holy crap! I haven't had time to listen to the whole thing yet, but those gang vocals at the end of "The Power to Believe" brought tears to my eyes! So badass and unexpected. It sounded like Strapping Young Lad had joined the band for a bit. I love when this sort of thing happens. It's not like I was crying; it's not the same as that. It's just this emergence of emotion that is sort of transferred to me from the music. Absolutely killer stuff!

Can't wait to really sit down with this album. I can already hear that Troy must have been taking bass steroids between albums because these bass lines are ridiculous! Haha.

At the moment, my fave is "Inner Spirit". But as usual with ZH my favorites songs change a lot over time. "The Passion of Words" is currently my next favorite...I frequently find this song going through my head. :headbang:

The passion of words so far...might change after a few more listens.
Btw severed angels is an awesome track too! At first, I was like "Noooooooo 2 and a half minute ending".
It sure did blow me away :)