favorite guitar solos?

opeth - white cluster
opeth - the break in a fair judgement
carcass - carnal forge
necrophagist - the stillborn one
porcupine tree - arriving somewhere but not here (mikael akerfeldts solo)
burzum - det som engang var (those three notes...)
nile - cast down the heretic (FUCK YES)
opeth - forest of october
morbid angel - where the slime live
morbid angel - eyes to see, ears to hear (i think thats the one)
morbid angel - rapture

So that I am not influenced by answers in this thread I will answer first, read next.

I'll do the "anything by" for George Lynch and Michael Romeo. Tasteful, good balance of shred/emotion.

In recent months, one that struck me enough to hit repeat and listen the tune multiple times was Dio's "Push" (Doug Aldritch). MAN what a smoking solo.

David Lee Roth "Yankee Rose" (Steve Vai)
Whitesnake "Fool For Your Loving" (Steve Vai)
I'm actually not a Vai nut but those two solos are definitive.

Any solo from King Diamond's THEM (Andy LaRoque!) Genius album.

Dream Theater "Take the Time" (John Petrucci) Mama.

Judas Priest "Painkiller" (Glenn Tipton) Hey man gotta have some Priest in here! Tipton outdid himself here.

Here's where Beavis laughs me out of the room:
Winger - Seventeen (Reb Beach) This album smokes from a guitar point of view. Solos are amazing.

These are ones that are in my head right now. Will have to update it as I come across more.

You know, I love Yngwie for who he is musically etc. I know what to expect and don't anticipate more. I LOVE his early albums, and probably could add some of those solos as favs. The last 3 or 4 albums though.... man he's lost me. I'm all for repeating yourself to a point, but his latest material just doesn't do it for me. Sounds like the same song over and over. I was a devoted fan up through Facing the Animal, a couple tracks on Alchemy were cool but after that....

Opeth - A Fair Judgement
Dream Theater - Hollow Years (Live at Budokan)
Soilwork - Neurotica Rampage
Stratovarius - Anthem of the World
In Flames - December Flower

Never been very attentive to solos, but this Dragonforce shit is mindblowing.

I don't think I've ever heard a more beautifully simplistic solo as the one in Key to the Gate by Burzum.

Décadent said:
Never been very attentive to solos, but this Dragonforce shit is mindblowing.

I don't think I've ever heard a more beautifully simplistic solo as the one in Key to the Gate by Burzum.
It's funny how good Burzum's music is when you consider how bad Varg is at playing instruments.

Scott Henderson- Well To The Bone Or any off of WTTB or TDH.
Alan Holdsworth - Tokyo Dream Or any from all of his catalog.
Tony Macalpine - Moonbabies or any of his solo efforts.