Favorite Metal ballad(s)

Nov 26, 2005
Italy
What are your favorite Metal ballads? Post YouTube videos if you want. Mine are (no order):

Hypocrisy - Slippin' Away
Hypocrisy - Paled Empty Sphere
Black Sabbath - Planet Caravan
Diamond Head - Ishmael
Testament - The Legacy
Testament - Musical Death (A Dirge)
Marduk - Shadows From The Past
Finntroll - Svart Djup

I find it wierd to use ballad and metal in the same sentence. But if I had to choose something it would have been some hair\glam metal ballads. Something from WASP I guess.

I find it wierd to use ballad and metal in the same sentence. But if I had to choose something it would have been some hairglam metal ballads. Something from WASP I guess.

It's equal for the thread's idea: people can mention real METAL ballads like "Fade To Black", "Sanitarium", "The Legacy" or REAL ballads composed by Metal bands. For the thread's purpose it's equal.

In Flames - "Come Clarity"
Both Hypocrisy songs already mentioned.
Amorphis - "The Orphan"
Dokken - "Alone Again"
Nevermore - "Dreaming Neon Black"
Metallica - "Fade to Black", "Sanitarium"
Black Sabbath - "Solitude"
and I could go on and on...

Primordial - Gallows' Hymn

Lake of Tears - To Blossom Blue

Cruachan - Ride on

Hammers of Misfortune - The Trial and the Grave

Manowar - Swords in the Wind

Last edited by a moderator:
Metallica "Fade to Black"
Pantera "Hollow"
Whitesnake "Deeper The Love" (probably not quite metal?)

Not big on ballads ever but songs like those above just STINK of Americana and make me super nostalgic.

Fuckin' Land of the Miracle, man.

Also, I suppose I'll have to be the unoriginal one and post the obvious, greatest one:

Last edited by a moderator:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RteMknM0JKg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RteMknM0JKg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hope that worked, I suck at embedding(hence I never do) but this warrented an attempt.

If you can't see it because I suck at code the song is Portals of Light by Falconer. Definitely tops my list of ballads all time.