Favorite metal singer

@Deege saw Sebby live a couple of years ago supporting GnR here in Australia. Fucking incredible voice and stage presence. Really, really good performance.

Wow, am I really the only one mentioning Andi Deris!?

Is no one else on the board a fan of his vocals in Helloween?

imageres.php

I love Phil but some shows were he had either too much smack or not enough he became absurd. You knew it was going down when he would do 10 minutes of nonsense talking.

Bruce Dickinson
Rob Halford
Matt Barlow
Tim "Ripper" Owens
Russell Allen
Hansi Kursch
Geoff Tate
Speed Strid
Mike Patton
Jon Oliva
Anders Friden
And Joey of course. Some for pure range, some for power and some for versatility and willingness to experiment.

I saw Anthrax open for them in 98. Not only was Anthrax 10x better, Anselmo's "banter" was just annoying.

Phil was also on Heroin during that time and countless pain pills. He was out of his mind. In their prime nobody could touch Phil Anselmo stage presence wise. Though I always found his 'banter' to be hilarious. He says some truly hilarious shit on stage. He always just kind of said what was on his mind, most of the time it was hilarious. I saw him with Down not too long ago and he was almost like he was in the early 90's with Pantera. He looked youthful and back to normal again.

That fat guy is disgusting

That fat guy has lost tons of weight the last few years (good for him), perhaps I shouldn't have used that image. In any case, an amazing live presence, and an amazing singer, able to cover many different styles of vocal delivery. I cannot imagine Tankard without his magnetic and cheerful presence.

Not neccesaarily my favorite singers... but i think they should be mentioned here:

Biff Byford
Udo Dirkschneider
Rolf Kasparek
David Lee Roth
Pete Steele

That fat guy has lost tons of weight the last few years (good for him), perhaps I shouldn't have used that image. In any case, an amazing live presence, and an amazing singer, able to cover many different styles of vocal delivery. I cannot imagine Tankard without his magnetic and cheerful presence.

Ah Tankard - I remember seeing a photo of them in Kerrang! years and years ago, and the guitar player was the fattest man I'd ever seen!