Favorite song on Pursuit of the Sun, Allure of the Earth?

Favorite song on Pursuit of the Sun, Allure of the Earth?

• Intro: The Looming of Dust in the Dark (& the Illumination)

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • The Will to Give

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • The Sun was in My Eyes: Part One

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • The Sun was in My Eyes: Part Doom

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Allure of the Earth

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Shedding the Deadwood

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Dragged Across a Forest Floor

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Summer's Envy

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • The Ghost of Summer's Past

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Outro: The End of August

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

zekeyou

Mar 3, 2004
The Triiiaaannnnggggle
I don't think this has been done since the switch to Ultimate Metal, and there are a few more fans posting nowadays, so I'd be curious to see the outcome.

For me, the best song on this album has always been "The Sun Was In My Eyes: Part Doom", carried almost exclusively on the weight of of the last 3 minutes or so of the song, starting with "You control our destiny" part and the fucking soaring "time will fly" section...

I'm predicting "The Will to Give" will take this one....:kickass:

i wish there was an option for just the ending of ghosts of summers past going into the intro of the end of august, that segway is fucking great. I had to pick end of august though because i love the female vocs at the beginning leading into some harsh riffing, the end of the song is great as well.

Dragged Across a Forest Floor. So epic, my favourite lyrics, and the outro slays as well.

i wish there was an option for just the ending of ghosts of summers past going into the intro of the end of august, that segway is fucking great. I had to pick end of august though because i love the female vocs at the beginning leading into some harsh riffing, the end of the song is great as well.

i wish there was an option for the guitar solo-ish part in shedding the deadwood. that's my favourite moment on the whole album, i think..

i went with the looming though, it's a beautiful intro.

I can only vote for one!??! :)
Probably the hardest album of any metal for me to pick a favourite from. Dragged Across a Forest Floor and the intro / outro are the only ones not in contention, but Allure of the Earth it is today...

i love this one, listen to it almost once a day everyday hehe... its funny almost all songs mention the sun in one or other way

I can't pick a single favorite, but highlights for me are:

1. The last 60 seconds of Shedding the Deadwood - absolutely brilliant
2. Dragged Across a Forest Floor
3. Summer's Envy
4. Outro: The End of August
5. The Sun Was In My Eyes: Part One

I really can't choose an absolute favorite :headbang:

What-with the release of the new album, I find myself returning to all the previous work between spins of the new one; also, there are some 'newer' posters around, so...bump.