Pursuit Of The Sun & Allure Of The Earth... Pre-order !

The Black Death

WoY supporter
Jan 7, 2008
Burial ground... Quebec
From Earache Records:

Friday April 25th will see Woods Of Ypres' second release, "Pursuit Of The Sun & Allure Of The Earth", available to pre-order from the Earache Webstore. Since the untimely passing of David Gold in 2011, many fans have repeatedly searched for his earlier pre-Earache work with Woods Of Ypres, sadly without much success. Now after much demand from fans, we’re delighted to finally be able to offer the band's first full length album on a physical format again.

As with "Woods III: The Deepest Roots And Darkest Blues", the album will be available both on CD and a choice of three different color vinyl, with a reduced price for bundle deals as well.

http://uswebstore.earache.com/woods-of-ypres

Nice.

I still have all of the original releases so I won't be buying the re-releases, but anybody that doesn't have them definitely should buy them. Earache needs to get their hands on the 3 unreleased Woods of Ypres songs (I know it will probably never happen) and either release an EP or put them as bonus tracks on these re-releases, that would DEFINITELY get me to buy them again.

Was going to post this myself, but after my Woods III topic for the most part went unanswered I figured this place to was kinda dead now.

Good to "see" you again The Black Death, and phantomfreak.

Thanks man !

This forum is not what it used to be ....

By the way ... Does anybody know if the Earache reissues are remastered ?

Unfortunately they are not. Truthfully the more I think about it, I'm kinda disappointed of these re-releases. For this reason, as well as the images on the vinyl look very stretched, like you can see the pixel bleeding and such. I will still be buying, but only to keep David's legacy alive.

Got an older press, but this is great for anyone looking for the album. Really disappointed with the shirt design though. Couldn't they have come up with something more related to the album than an image taken from Woods 4?