Favorite Vocalist that everyone else seems to hate.

I hate Dani Filth with a fucking PASSION. Everyone hates Phil Anselmo for being arrogant and everthing but I think he's the man with the voice.

I second the James Labrie. Also, Tony Kakko from Sonata Arctica(but I don't know how many of you all dislike him, and it's probably more about the style of music than anything else).

Originally posted by MURAI
Everyone hates Phil Anselmo for being arrogant and everthing but I think he's the man with the voice.

I totally agree, though I do not know why people would say such things about him... I think his vokills are exelent, and I think he has a cool personality!!

Pantera fucking rules the trash-scene!!!

Arno from Carnival in Coal. I don't know how much he's "hated" but I always see their CD's in cut-out bins and used sections ( I guess Muppet/disco/death metal is a bit of a niche), so....

I think his clean voice gives Patton a kick in the ass, and the variety in his growls is almost limitless.

Andy Deris from Helloween. Everyone hates him xcept for me it seems.

Oh, and I like higher-pitched death/thrash voices like Mille from Kreator and Quorthon from earlier Bathory. Everyone seems to value deep, pitch-shifted vox on death. I kinda like the vein-popping higher pitched stuff--if it's done right.

--S

I totally agree, though I do not know why people would say such things about him... I think his vokills are exelent, and I think he has a cool personality!!

Pantera fucking rules the trash-scene!!!

Well I'm a Pantera fan but I know he's a jackass. He says shit like I CAN KICK ANY OF YOUR ASSES live in front of an audience. Good old Anselmo :lol:

Dave Mustaine. His gruff, limited voice is not as bad as people say it is. It's fine by me.
Gene Adams. I can see why people hate his vocals, but it doesn't bother me. I like the shreeking, throat ripping, King Diamond-like voice (without the long range) actually satisfies my ears.

David Coverdale. Fuck that Robert Plant ripoff bullshit. He can blow that fuck out of the water. Much silkier and soulful than Plant. Plus his range is better and he doesnt have a whiny tone when he gets in the upper register. Oh, and he doesnt sound like he's beating off during songs (example-Dyer Maker). That's a plus in my book.