favourite songs from "The new Order"

I-TEND-TO-DIE

leave this world behind
May 3, 2008
a good place in germany
though I think there are a lot of good songs on it my only favourite songs are
"The Preacher" and "Disciples of the Watch" and yeah "nobodys fault" is maybe also not bad but I wouldn't describe this as my favourite Testament record, I like "Practice what you preach" or "Low" a lot more than that!
but I can't pick out one album cause there are very strong songs on each album
but "The gathering" is still ma favourite (!) :kickass:

just wanted to know everyone's taste not particular album or songs just more (also) general

They are all my favorite albums.It just depends on my mood as to which album I listen to.Do I want layers of guitar? or brutality? that is the question,.That is what makes 'Low" such a great album it has the best of both worlds.I do wish they had let Murphy solo more on " The Gathering"of the newer"and I use that word loosely"material it is my favorite.I would say "nobody's fault" is my least favorite on "The New Order".They could solve all my choosing dilemmas if they would remaster the old stuff leaving everything alone but the drums.

I wish they would play Musical Death A Dirge again. I saw it once live, and it was amazing. Of course I wish they would play a lot of songs they don't really play any more, but what can you do?

Musical death would be awesome live.Hell I wish they would do something like that in the studio again.It's been a long time since they did something like that.

1. "the new order"
2. "Eerie Inhabitants"
3. "Disciples Of The Watch"

i have trouble ranking "musical death" because its an instrumental. Its definitely great

"Nobodys Fault" is the least favorite and I'd almost say I dont like it at all. I hated when they made a video for it, passing up other better options (stupid record companies). I liked their cover of "Draw The Line" alot better than Nobody's Fault. Releasing covers on albums is stupid, imo. Save those for B-sides and bonus tracks unless you've done something amazing with it.

"Nobodys Fault" is the least favorite and I'd almost say I dont like it at all. I hated when they made a video for it, passing up other better options (stupid record companies). I liked their cover of "Draw The Line" alot better than Nobody's Fault. Releasing covers on albums is stupid, imo. Save those for B-sides and bonus tracks unless you've done something amazing with it.

I coundn't agree more with the cover song thing...
I must say "Disciples Of The Watch" is the best one on the album, probably the best testament song ever along with over the wall...but there are many on a second place:headbang:

Disciples Of The Watch, The Preacher, Eerie Inhabitants, Into The Pit, Trial By Fire... all classics.

I find the instrumental intro to Disciples to be just the same as Hypnosis before it. I wonder if thats a mistake or not? Testament never play the intro live.

As for the Nobody's Fault cover... don't get me started. Lets just say, not a fan.

Yeah thats right. It doesn't fit. Might of been better if they'd stuck it on the end after Dirge. Would of been even better if they hadn't put it on at all but there you go.

I find A Day Of Reckoning a bit boring. But it goes better on the album than the cover.

A lot of great songs on TNO :headbang: - hard to pin down a top 3, but if pressed for an answer, I would say...

1) Disciples of the Watch
2) Into the Pit
3) Trial by Fire

The rest of the songs are great too, don't get me wrong. IMHO, "Eerie Inhabitants" as a song title doesn't seem to quite fit in with the other names, but the song still rocks. "A Day of Reckoning" is a bit of a slower-paced closer (for the last "song", not including "Musical Death"), but it also holds its own.

"Nobody's Fault" is what it is - a cover song. Most covers are nothing special - just a band's way of paying homage to another band. Sometimes the band doing the cover puts a new spin on it, and sometimes they try to remain traditional to the original song. In this case, a perhaps more thrashy cover of a Aerosmith tune was turned down for the traditional approach. That all being said, yes it does kind of mess up the flow of the album, especially if you don't realize it's a cover. :oops:

the whole damn album is good but a great underrated song is Day Of Reckoning.

to be honest I like "The Legacy" even better than TNO cause there are a lot of the best Testament songs on it like "Over the Wall", "Alone In the Dark" or "first Strike still Deadly" though I must say I like this songs in Re-recording version better.
Zetro Souza vocals sounds great on the first album, cannot understand why he left the band..