The Gathering was a fluke

When one views The Gathering in the context of "new albums by the good bands of the 80s," it certainly was a fluke, since its the only album released in the late 90s by a "good band of the 80s" thats worth its salt (make sense?). Here's to another fluke.

DoReMi said:
Don't get me wrong. I really like Testament. But to be fair, they have put out a lot of mediocrity since Practice What You Preach. Granted, some good songs too! But The Gathering is the one album in a long time that is flawless. Just a kick-ass thrash album that goes up there with the rest of them. I don't think they'll be able to pull it off again. This is my opinion. I'd appreciate it if we could argue it through.
You...my friend...are a fluke:Smug: (why don't we argue this through?)

Well, obviously. Had it been a different sperm to reach the egg... in other words, another one out of the millions that were present, I wouldn't have existed. That's, for argument's sake, at least 999,999/1000000 chance that I wouldn't have existed. Which, I presume, means that I am one hell of a fluke. Duh...

So basically what your saying is that you have no faith in a band that has proven to get better with every record.
I totally disagree with this statement. NOTHING compares to the power, fury and aggression that was THE LEGACY!!!!! The Gathering however is a huge step back in that old school thrash direction, and for me it was the best record they did SINCE The Legacy, so I have faith the next one will be even better!!!!! (or alteast just as killer)

I like some songs from every record between The Legacy and The Gathering, but those are the only 2 TestAmenT albums I can listen to straight through without skipping scertain tracks. Every song on both albums RULES! and while each album in between had some killer tunes, there's a ton of 'em I can soooo do without.

Time will tell about the next album. After all this time, it had better be well worth it and I have every bit of faith that it will indeed crush skulls!

The band IMO grew musically and wrote records that got heavier and more mature and musical. Don't get me wrong, The Legacy RULES , that cd is loaded with thrash classics. Aside from the Ritual, every cd I would get as the years have gone by has left me impressed. I can't really think of too many bands that I have not wanted to return the cd the next day. I have never felt that way with a Testament cd.

DoReMi said:
Well, obviously. Had it been a different sperm to reach the egg... in other words, another one out of the millions that were present, I wouldn't have existed. That's, for argument's sake, at least 999,999/1000000 chance that I wouldn't have existed. Which, I presume, means that I am one hell of a fluke. Duh...

I read an article about you DRM:

Born of Lesbian Sperm: This introduction service costs around £500. Lesbian couples will also have to fork out medical fees for using a fertility clinic. What's wrong with a turkey baster? ®
:tickled: :tickled: :tickled:

DIRT!!! as the seasons grey is my fave track off that cd!!! right on! get this...in '92 for an ENG LIT class in college we were supposed to find a piece of poetry that spoke to us, something on the other end of the spectrum from bright and cheery. Guess what the hell I read to them??? Those lyrics are so killer...the Prof. loved it, and couldn't belive it when I told her it was from a Bay Area thrash band! Then two girls came up to me after class and said it was "BEAUTIFUL...where did you find it?" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! How awesome is that? You can thrash to TestAment, and pick up chicks too!!!