The Gathering

I like most of the music, but the death and black metal-like vocals on it are not my thing. I think most of the Gathering material would fit perfectly for Dragonlord, cuz there are A LOT of similarities between The Gathering & Rapture.
Plus, there was not enough lead guitar work. that was a criticism among a few Testament fans about The Gathering.

Originally posted by midlife crisis
I like most of the music, but the death and black metal-like vocals on it are not my thing. I think most of the Gathering material would fit perfectly for Dragonlord, cuz there are A LOT of similarities between The Gathering & Rapture.
Plus, there was not enough lead guitar work. that was a criticism among a few Testament fans about The Gathering.

What in the holy hell are you talking about????????? Black Metal similarities??? HMMMM....maybe I need to see if I can hear this......or .......NOT!

Originally posted by MindInsane
What in the holy hell are you talking about????????? Black Metal similarities??? HMMMM....maybe I need to see if I can hear this......or .......NOT!

Well I think the black metal influence isn't that obvious, it's subtle but it's still there. For example, the keys in the beginning of DNR. most of the lyrics for Legions Of The Dead were written by Eric and he said that it could be on an Emperor album. Fall Of The Sipledome has an Emperor influence as well. I read it all in the Eric 99' Metal Update interview. as u can see he was influenced by a lot of black metal while writing The Gathering. Also there are a few background black metal screams from non other than Eric himself. For example: Eyes Of Wrath, Careful What You Wish For, Riding The Snake.

Hey Andrew! Its great to see you finally registered at UM. This is Tyler in case you didn't know. Well I dont own The Gathering yet but Ive heard it over Eric's a few times and it sounds really kick ass. I got like half that album dled too.

Originally posted by MindInsane

I tihink there is definitely some black metalish stuff on there! Legions Of The Dead certainly has some black metalish stuff with the constant fast picking in the verses and the "Sheets below" parts in Sipledome have that black metal speed picking sound as well, vocally they arent similair, but I can see a bit of black metal in it, not much mind you, but its there IMHO

xVultusx said:
If anyone is interested in tickets for The Gathering - February 14th 2004 - At L'Amour in Brooklyn, NY. The band TENEbRAE is opening for and selling discount tickets to the show. E-Mail me at Vultus@thegreatestband.com. Or go to www.TheGreatestBand.com and E-Mail me through there.
(miscellaneous quote goes here)
~Vultus
What the fuck this isn't about The Gathering the band. :err:

xVultusx said:
If anyone is interested in tickets for The Gathering - February 14th 2004 - At L'Amour in Brooklyn, NY. The band TENEbRAE is opening for and selling discount tickets to the show. E-Mail me at Vultus@thegreatestband.com. Or go to www.TheGreatestBand.com and E-Mail me through there.
(miscellaneous quote goes here)
~Vultus

Was reading comprehension taught at your school...cuz you missed a pretty MAJOR detail. o_O